Forums

Help › Forums

quitters

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 5 2011 10:55 AM (6 replies)
  • tomsplace
    2 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2011 5:31 PM

i cant believe all the people that quit when things not goin good...reminds me of tiger woods...its just a game get a life...fin quitters

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2011 6:33 AM

I agree about the quitters,,but there are lots of reasons why folks disconnect too.

I curious how you see Tiger Woods as a quitter.?

I don't know that the word quitter comes to mind when I think of Tiger Woods. If you look at Tigers records,,It's pretty amazing , how many consecutive 'cut's made in consecutive years?

I'm not suprised with the quitter comment but, as far as Tiger Woods being a quitter, I think you need to go read the golf record books and enlighten yourself in regard to Tigers toughness.

You may not like Tiger, but you have to respect his 'perserverance' and toughness, not any quitter aspect to tiger at all.

• bubbass2
    11 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2011 9:05 AM

I think WGT should automatically ADD at least 2 strokes onto the "quitter's" next ranked game as a penalty for not sticking with a game till the end. Lots of times I have joined a game only to end up playing with just one of an original threesome or foursome, and it's frustrating when I want to play a round with more than one person!! We all have bad rounds, but there is no reason to quit on an early hole other than a selfish desire to get a better overall average. it takes the enjoyment out of playing with others on WGT....    :o(

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2011 11:48 AM

I agree absolutely with both postsW  to a degree:

What I do not agree with is the posters comment: "quitter like Tiger Woods"...

I think you may be confused about Tiger in general. Tiger Woods has permanent acl ligament damage in his left knee. Do you understand why Tiger has this injury?

TIGER WOULD NOT QUIT ON A GOLF COURE IF HE WERE MORTALY WOUNDED HE WOULD FINISH & POST HIS SCORE>

That's the reason Tiger has a bum knee now,,he wouldn't quit.

Quiting the wgt vidio is sour grapes and I hate it too. But I don't think that useing Tiger Woods as an example in regard to quitting, is very good rhetoric.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2011 2:35 PM

BubbaCrusher007:
    Quiting the wgt vidio is sour grapes and I hate it too. But I don't think that useing Tiger Woods as an example in regard to quitting, is very good rhetoric.

He probably calls somebody who died a quitter. Some people take their personal hatred too far,and I think that is the case when he refers to tiger as a quitter.

• ktm250mike
    2 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2011 10:11 PM

As a new guy who really sucks at this game. I have a question for you. Is there ever a time you wish the person you were playing would just quit? I know I have had a few games that I just couldn't seem to do anything right. I start feeling like who ever I'm playing is sitting at there computer wishing I would just be a quitter and end the game, but I play anyways.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sat, Nov 5 2011 10:55 AM

quote:"Is there ever a time you wish the person you were playing would just quit?"

Absolutely. Like a take the max time on the shot clock every single shot? Does a bear chit in the woods?

I would rather watch paint dry than stay in that game, but I stay with them, no matter what until the last putt drops.

Unless i get disconnected f

Drum's remarks came in the clubhouse during lunch. Palmer was talking about the par-4, 346-yard first hole. It bothered him that he hadn't been able to reach the green with his tee shot in any of the first three rounds. "It really makes me hot," he said. "If I drive that green, I could shoot a hell of a score. I might even shoot a 65. What'll that do?"

"Nothing," Drum told him. "You're too far back."

"Well, it would give me a 280. Doesn't 280 always win the Open?"

At 1:45 p.m., Palmer began his final round, seven strokes off the pace. On the first hole, he drove the green. And then he followed with seven of the most remarkable holes ever played in tournament golf.

• No.1 Par-4: Two putts for a birdie.
    • No.2 Par-4: 35-foot putt from the frings of the green; birdie.
    • No.3 Par-4: Approach shot to within a foot of the hole; birdie.
    • No.4 Par-4: 18-foot putt; birdie.
    • No.5 Par-5: Recovered from a tee shot in the rough; par.
    • No.6 Par-3: 25-foot putt; birdie.
    • No.7 Par-4: Wedge shot to within six feet of the hole; birdie.

or some reason. Then i have to listen to some retarded a=hole writing "quitter" on my wall & a bunch of obcenities., all because wgt booted the game.

But if they want to continue after 3 bogying every hole,,i'll wait for them. Makes for an awful long boring game.

I'm gonna play with legends from now on if they are willing. I like to learn & they seem serious & nice enough to play me,,i'll listen to what they have to say,,shave a few strokes off my ave.

RSS