Forums

Help › Forums

Accepting a game invite whilst playing a round - Goes straight into Head to head and not the game that I have been invited to

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 4 2022 12:06 AM (4 replies)
  • Marcoholo59
    534 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 3:27 PM

1.  Accepting a game invite whilst playing a round - Goes straight into Head to head and not the game that I have been invited to.  Have to cancel and hope for a second invite!!!  This has been happening for months now but no fix.  I often play a random round on my own if not many friends available.  This is another annoyance we could do without. 

2.  When are wgt going to change our availability colours?  I'm fed up inviting people who are already playing a game.  It takes so long to arrange a game now, ever since this version took over from Flash.  We should be Grey if not logged on.  Green when we are available and red if we are already in a game.  Surely this is doable???

Hope someone can offer some comfort............

Cheers,

Mark

• hardwick1
    742 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 4:00 PM

Mark I wish that I could offer some comfort but when I ask WGT about it and remind them that they knew flash was ending a year in advance and have had a year since to fix things they are "working on it".

Add to that the  chat box locks players out multiple times during a game and you have this sad shadow of what WGT once was.

They no longer have the "which browser are you using?" and "It's a browser issue try chrome" excuses. Now the go to answer, when you get one is "try uninstalling the WGT Launcher and reinstalling to make sure that you have the most updated version."

I uninstall and reinstall multiple times a week.

Maybe One Day?

Jill

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 4:01 PM

Marcoholo59:
    Hope someone can offer some comfort..

1.  Fill a glass with ice.

2. Add 1.5 fl oz of Spiced Rum. (I prefer Bacardi OakHeart but the Captain will do)

3.  Fill the glass to the top with ginger beer (I suggest Goslings). Squeeze in a wedge of lime.

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 4:13 PM

Marcoholo59:
      Accepting a game invite whilst playing a round - Goes straight into Head to head and not the game that I have been invited to

I find this happens when I am being invited to a game, sometimes when I accept, the screen shows me VS the person inviting me....If I wait till it finishes loading, it does go to the game. It seems, when one of the invitees is "spinning" and you go to join, this is what the screen looks like (it looks like a head to head match when it is not). So, when you are cancelling, you are in fact "bailing" out of the game you were trying to join.

Next time it happens, try letting it play out rather than hit cancel. 

Good Luck...  I do think the beverage is worth having in case I am wrong.

• pmm711
    5,526 Posts
    Tue, Jan 4 2022 12:06 AM

HamdenPro:

Marcoholo59:
    Hope someone can offer some comfort..

1.  Fill a glass with ice.

2. Add 1.5 fl oz of Spiced Rum. (I prefer Bacardi OakHeart but the Captain will do)

3.  Fill the glass to the top with ginger beer (I suggest Goslings). Squeeze in a wedge of lime.

Much too weak...

nuf sed

RSS