Forums

Help › Forums

Dysfunctional

Tue, Dec 21 2021 2:08 PM (30 replies)
  • kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 3:09 AM

Hello WGT ....Dysfunctional means "unable to deal adequately with normal social relations" so again I am posting about the multiplayer availability and the totally inadequate response from your organisation.

The consequence of your organisation's seeming inability to make the "normal social relations" of the game work is that country clubs and friends have had to go to voice servers, i.e. Discord, Skype, Teamspeak to find a game.    However for those players that don't have access to those programs for whatever reason they are left constantly inviting people who are already in games (again because of your inadequacy to fix the problem of everyone being green all the time) and then when the recipients of the invitation decline it because they are already in a game they are penalised by the game crashing.

Seriously ... every 2 weeks you do updates ... but you don't actually fix the real issues in my humble opinion ... I don't need a new outfit quite frankly ... that just equals rubbish ... since when did a good score in golf equal what you were wearing?

But really WGT ... please try to fix this ... because it is truly dysfunctional!

Cheers from an 11 year long player ... Kay

• IamNicklaus
    493 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 6:58 AM

kdownunder:

Hello WGT ....Dysfunctional means "unable to deal adequately with normal social relations" so again I am posting about the multiplayer availability and the totally inadequate response from your organisation.

The consequence of your organisation's seeming inability to make the "normal social relations" of the game work is that country clubs and friends have had to go to voice servers, i.e. Discord, Skype, Teamspeak to find a game.    However for those players that don't have access to those programs for whatever reason they are left constantly inviting people who are already in games (again because of your inadequacy to fix the problem of everyone being green all the time) and then when the recipients of the invitation decline it because they are already in a game they are penalised by the game crashing.

Seriously ... every 2 weeks you do updates ... but you don't actually fix the real issues in my humble opinion ... I don't need a new outfit quite frankly ... that just equals rubbish ... since when did a good score in golf equal what you were wearing?

But really WGT ... please try to fix this ... because it is truly dysfunctional!

Cheers from an 11 year long player ... Kay

Yawn!   Seriously , do you not think if they could have fixed it easily , they wouldnt have by now ? ...it really is no big deal , you give people a little time to accept  a multiplayer  invite , if they dont respond , you move onto the next one . Certainly nothing to get obsessed about !

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 7:09 AM

kdownunder:
    since when did a good score in golf equal what you were wearing?

You would be surprised. IMO, looking good=feeling good=playing well.

I have found, when playing poorly, changing attire improves my game. After all, poor play is never my fault, it is either caused by someone else's algorithm messing me up or my attire.

Change of attire is the easier fix.

• pase4win
    232 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 8:18 AM

IamNicklaus:

Yawn!   Seriously , do you not think if they could have fixed it easily , they wouldnt have by now ? ...it really is no big deal , you give people a little time to accept  a multiplayer  invite , if they dont respond , you move onto the next one . Certainly nothing to get obsessed about !

really !! no wonder none of the fixes we all yearn for have not been implemented, the game is crap and that's good enough  11 months and NO Fixes ! sad state this game!

Pase

• IamNicklaus
    493 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 8:43 AM

pase4win:

IamNicklaus:

really !! no wonder none of the fixes we all yearn for have not been implemented, the game is crap and that's good enough  11 months and NO Fixes ! sad state this game!

Pase

Still playing it though , looking at your play history ! 

• pase4win
    232 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 9:26 AM

Still playing it though , looking at your play history .

Yep ! sure am after 10 years and the money I've have spent on this game.

Been praying Wgt would get their act together but 11 MONTHS later the game still needs many many fixes to get the game back to the 1 we all enjoyed.

Pase

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 9:44 AM

Kay - they don't have time to fix bugs, they are working on more important things, like... needing to change "(course name) F9" in your score history (on the web, not the app) to "(course name) Front 9" (note the added italicisation).  That is such an important change becasue no one knew what F9 meant.  And the italicised font for "Front 9" was necessary to make it really stand out in case we couldn't see it  ;)

The mind boggles, eh?!?

Mr YouAreNotNicklaus - I've been here 11 years, and yes I'm still playing, but thanks to WGT's inability to correct the problem Kay described I have only played 3 or 4 alt shot games since the start of 2021, and a couple of those were just joining a randon game.

You've been here 2 years, so you have very little idea what WGT does or how it works.  Also, I'm an ex-programmer, I know how simple it is to fix a lot of the bugs that exist, but WGT just aren't interested because it doesn't make them money.  That said, neither does "Front 9" make them money, but doing that makes it look like they're actually doing some work, albeit useless work!

• IamNicklaus
    493 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 10:08 AM

MioKontic:

Kay - they don't have time to fix bugs, they are working on more important things, like... needing to change "(course name) F9" in your score history (on the web, not the app) to "(course name) Front 9" (note the added italicisation).  That is such an important change becasue no one knew what F9 meant.  And the italicised font for "Front 9" was necessary to make it really stand out in case we couldn't see it  ;)

The mind boggles, eh?!?

Mr YouAreNotNicklaus - I've been here 11 years, and yes I'm still playing, but thanks to WGT's inability to correct the problem Kay described I have only played 3 or 4 alt shot games since the start of 2021, and a couple of those were just joining a randon game.

You've been here 2 years, so you have very little idea what WGT does or how it works.  Also, I'm an ex-programmer, I know how simple it is to fix a lot of the bugs that exist, but WGT just aren't interested because it doesn't make them money.  That said, neither does "Front 9" make them money, but doing that makes it look like they're actually doing some work, albeit useless work!

it doesnt matter sunshine , how long i've been here or you for that matter . The fact is the game plays as it always has for the majority ...you and others want to make a life out of moaning about things , yet still continue to play here  makes no sense to anyone with half a brain ..fact .

• Foxdup
    16 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 6:57 PM

Well said sir I too have issues with some of the optics camera angles and such and gave WGT some suggestions but they don’t seem to care. But it is the best golf game out there. Always thought it was stupid that the hat you’re wearing improves your game. It’s a joke. 

• Foxdup
    16 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 6:57 PM

Well said sir I too have issues with some of the optics camera angles and such and gave WGT some suggestions but they don’t seem to care. But it is the best golf game out there. Always thought it was stupid that the hat you’re wearing improves your game. It’s a joke. 

RSS