Tue, Dec 7 2021 6:33 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 6:03 PM

HamdenPro:

tramilleo:
    really wgt using a best of par 5 for a clash

My understanding is that the "best of courses" do not count towards averages and thus are a waste of ball hits.

Of course the Best of Par 5’s, Best of Bandon, & Best of Par 3’s don’t count toward averages.  WGT doesn’t want to convert those to Par 36 stats. 

Im not as sure that Best of Par 4’s, Best of Famous, and Best of Hardest don’t count….aren’t they par 36/72?

Even if not counting toward averages, I do believe all of the above count as ranked rounds, which makes them of value to those who need them. Same with Custom Courses.

• HamdenPro
    2,417 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 6:33 PM

AlaskanDame:
    Same with Custom Courses.

If they count as ranked then not too too bad but still why not just play only those that count towards everything.

Also, I think if the custom course is a par 36 or 72, it counts towards avegage....is this not correct?

• Cicero733
    2,294 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 7:57 PM

The only rounds that “count” as ranked rounds are CC tournaments that are not played on custom courses and any rounds played on courses excluding the BOP par 5’s,  BOP par 3’s, and Bandon Dunes.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 1:55 AM

HamdenPro:

My understanding is that the "best of courses" do not count towards averages and thus are a waste of ball hits.

Not quite correct.

AlaskanDame:
    Of course the Best of Par 5’s, Best of Bandon, & Best of Par 3’s don’t count toward averages.  WGT doesn’t want to convert those to Par 36 stats. 
    Right!

Apart from that, ranked rounds on WGT's courses with 18 hole pars of 60 to 80 do count to the average, excluding CC Custom Courses. I.e. the strokes count towards the average, and the round itself counts towards saturation.

AlaskanDame:
    Even if not counting toward averages, I do believe all of the above count as ranked rounds, which makes them of value to those who need them.
    Yes, they are ranked (@Cicero733: unless practice) and count in the stats. But, for which purpose would you "need" ranked rounds, if not for the average?

• Cicero733
    2,294 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 5:19 AM

Ranked rounds are required for tier advancement. Correspondence I requested from WGT concerning the definition of ranked rounds specifically excludes CC custom courses, BOP 3 & 5, and Bandon Dunes. Has that changed? If I play the BOP 5 and check my stats after finishing the round my total number of ranked rounds played does not increase by one. 

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 6:40 AM

Cicero733:
    Ranked rounds are required for tier advancement.
    Yes, I don't see the need if they are those special rounds that do not count to the average.

Cicero733:
    Correspondence I requested from WGT concerning the definition of ranked rounds specifically excludes CC custom courses, BOP 3 & 5, and Bandon Dunes. Has that changed?
    Maybe it has changed unknown to me but I rather suspect that you received incorrect information (that happens!).

Cicero733:
    If I play the BOP 5 and check my stats after finishing the round my total number of ranked rounds played does not increase by one. 
    That's contrary to my experience of today. I played the BO5, it shows up in the list of rounds, and it added 1 to the stats.

No offence intended, but I don't see any BO5 in your recent rounds history. Have you played a practice round by any chance, or is it rather distant memory?

• PAGES
RSS