Forums

Help › Forums

Bug BPB #13

Wed, Dec 9 2009 1:02 PM (2 replies)
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 5:12 AM

Hi

I noticed this bug when I last played the 13th at BPB - today. Conditions - Practice round, Pro tier, White / Pro tees, Fast greens, moderate wind.

I hit my second shot to within 33 yds of the pin. It clearly went in the very first right hand bunker, very clear on the screen (in sand) - however it told me I had come to rest in a 40 / 50 lie in the rough ??? It definitely showed the ball lying near the edge of the trap, and in sand !!

I played my third shot as if it were in 40/50 rough, and the ball behaved accordingly - landing 1 ft from the pin :-)

Over to you.

Cheers

Doug

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 9:03 AM

dorkfeatures:

Hi

I noticed this bug when I last played the 13th at BPB - today. Conditions - Practice round, Pro tier, White / Pro tees, Fast greens, moderate wind.

I hit my second shot to within 33 yds of the pin. It clearly went in the very first right hand bunker, very clear on the screen (in sand) - however it told me I had come to rest in a 40 / 50 lie in the rough ??? It definitely showed the ball lying near the edge of the trap, and in sand !!

I played my third shot as if it were in 40/50 rough, and the ball behaved accordingly - landing 1 ft from the pin :-)

Over to you.

Cheers

Doug

I have noticed the same thing the many times I am in the rough or sand. I think the camera angle may be looking through the rough into the bunker to show the ball which may be hidden below the lip from that camera angle, or vice versa.

I notice this sometimes on #4 at Kiawah after my 2nd shot. That front left bunker is a ball magnet.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 1:02 PM

Thanks for the report.

RSS