Forums

Help › Forums

Timer

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 4 2021 7:37 PM (2 replies)
  • Brynroar2856
    1 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2021 7:05 PM

This is my first foray into WGT's forums so please forgive me for possibly asking a question that's probably been answered a million times before. I've been playing a while. Level 97 Legend, so I've figured out some things out on my own. I don't use the chat feature so I've never actually conversed with another player before, but I was hoping someone could answer this for me. I like to play fast. Rarely do I need more than ten seconds or so to choose my club and hit. I definitely don't over think this game. But I don't have a problem with those that do. Sometimes though it feels like it's deliberate. To get in my head, I guess. My question then is why do so many players wait until the last few seconds to hit? I know some of that could be lag time, but I think it's more than that. Is there a benefit to hitting close to zero? Or is it strictly to get under your opponent's skin? If so, it really doesn't. Not for me at least. Just makes me curious. I watch tv while playing so it's all good either way. 

• SamSpayed
    4,913 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2021 4:51 PM

Brynroar2856:

My question then is why do so many players wait until the last few seconds to hit? I know some of that could be lag time, but I think it's more than that. Is there a benefit to hitting close to zero? Or is it strictly to get under your opponent's skin?

There's no benefit to waiting until the timer is close to zero to hit.  Some possible reasons include:

1. There's a connection problem between you (or the other player) and WGT
    2. The player already hit their shot, but the WGT servers haven't synced up the shot yet
    3. The player is over-analyzing their shot and using their entire clock
    4. The player stepped away from their PC or mobile device for a moment
    5. The player didn't realize it was their shot right away

I don't think in most cases that it's done deliberately to get under your skin.  I think that's fairly rare.  I think it's usually one of the first 3 above.  But that's just my thoughts.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2021 7:37 PM

The  player could be older or even have a disability

There are plenty of legitimate reasons why they might need the extra time.

RSS