Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 10/26/21 ***

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 5 2021 9:49 AM (30 replies)
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 7:32 AM

Bowl64:

Oh well, graphics still below par with the dots "hiding" under the grid. And with bad sharpness as a consequence. Some members having issues getting the game to actually work, lots of loginproblems, getting booted and whatnot.

Bjorn

There has to be some problem with yours/their devices or downloads.  The game is working just fine on both a win7 and win10 computers.  Saw nothing wrong using my Nokia phone(other then too damn small)green looked just fine.  I now know why I don't use the phone to play on,(only use it for videos along with both bluestacks and nox on the win10 machine) don't have a tablet, so can't verify its usage.

There are too many people not complaining, so the problems tends to point to you/them.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 9:17 AM

ScottHope:

Nice to see the chat getting some ingame options. On|Off and individual player blocking.

Scratch that, just played an MP game and didn't see anything different.  : (

EDIT : Oops, doesn't start until 1st November, sorry.  🤭

This feature will be initially available in coin games to start and will be expanding to the rest of the game modes soon. 

_CHAMPION

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 9:22 AM

Ah, okay. Thanks Champ.  ; )

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 3:17 PM

I almost thought of pushing for yellow again but not at the current price of the "latest and greatest".  HAHA

• Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 3:16 AM

Great job guys!  Since the update:

1)  Loading problems galore, often requiring resets by one or more players to get the round going, 

2)  My club distances have been altered, now I get 2-3% more distance for a no-spin shot than before.....that oughta make all the club-mappers happy,

3)MUCH less forgiveness for shots that aren't hit perfectly....fine for the top players, misery for the rest of us, 

4) An overwrought nanny chatbox that deletes 'bad' words, but only if you're an American(???),  

5)  An offer of a free sleeve of Max Platinum balls with a 2000cr deposit (today), only the balls never made it into my inventory, and

6)  Those fancy new Callaway balls that many have mentioned aren't in my pro shop at all.

Otherwise, everything is fine.  Keep up the good work!  (hack! hack!)

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 4:38 AM

garyk49:

Bowl64:

Oh well, graphics still below par with the dots "hiding" under the grid. And with bad sharpness as a consequence. Some members having issues getting the game to actually work, lots of loginproblems, getting booted and whatnot.

Bjorn

There has to be some problem with yours/their devices or downloads.  The game is working just fine on both a win7 and win10 computers.  Saw nothing wrong using my Nokia phone(other then too damn small)green looked just fine.  I now know why I don't use the phone to play on,(only use it for videos along with both bluestacks and nox on the win10 machine) don't have a tablet, so can't verify its usage.

There are too many people not complaining, so the problems tends to point to you/them.

Well, maybe at my end but probably not. Had no problems with the graphics/dots being under the grid and very blurred before this downtime, i have seen others reporting on this issue too.

What in an update would make my graphicscard suddenly go bananas? I have no issues like that on any other site i visit online, and yes, i`m no computer wizard :)

Bjorn

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 5:26 AM

This update fixed my steam loading issues which i had once in a while.

Thanks

- Carl

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 6:40 AM

I got curious yesterday and downloaded the launcher on 2 other machines I have here.  Both had problems.  The win10 machine is an older unit running onboard graphics, probably just barely able to run 10,  at first it wanted me to setup 1024x768, as my only options, I did not do that,  I had all kinds of meter studdering and wouldn't stop when clicked.  One thing I did notice on both machines, it required an update when started, the win10 machine updated twice, the second update uppacked 163 different files.

The other machine is still running win7, the launcher told me win7 was no longer supported(imagine that) but that I could try and download anyway, which I did, and had problems running it also, I did not spend much time trying to trace down my problems.

I have another older(identical to the updated win10 machine that is still running win7,(this one I am typing on right now)(I can run the game on it just fine(I loaded the launcher when it first came out.  I don't know if the current launcher is different then the original(my advice is to not screw around with it, if you have/had the original launcher loaded).  The only difference between this machine and the upgraded 10 machine, is there is a GPU in this one.

I saw a post yesterday with someone else's machine specs, they were running an AMD display card(GPU), it is a $70.00 low end card running passive cooling(no fan), that could be the problem with that machine.  He was also running an Intel I3 CPU.

You asked, it ran yesterday but not today.   I have to replace gaming GPU's at times in my gaming rig, due to the fact of changing technology.  As game performance increases so do the graphics, making an older GPU card obsolete.   So there is the answer to your question.  Not saying that is the case here, but all new games(this is one after all) come with both minimum and required specs.  In most cases, if you don't reach minimum specs. the game doesn't run.

For those having problems, try runninng a lower display resolution,  I have seen it work in the past with games.  Some areas of games have a lot going on graphic wise and higher resolutions just won't work correctly.  Another big factor is how much ram your computer has, especially with onboard or CPU graphics.  Graphics card have their own ram.

There are 3 different types of graphics, a graphics card(best)(providing it it not a low end card), graphics on the CPU, and graphics onboard the motherboard.

Sorry for making this so long, hope all that are having problems read all of it and maybe something I have written helps you.

Gary

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 7:54 AM

WGTChampion:

ScottHope:

Nice to see the chat getting some ingame options. On|Off and individual player blocking.

Scratch that, just played an MP game and didn't see anything different.  : (

EDIT : Oops, doesn't start until 1st November, sorry.  🤭

This feature will be initially available in coin games to start and will be expanding to the rest of the game modes soon. 

_CHAMPION

Tried it out in a coin room, looks good. I hope it works well elsewhere.

Also the spotty dots are fixed with the latest update.

Thanks

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 11:57 AM

Thanks for your investigating effort Gary :) When playing a game 5 minutes ago the dots seemed to be back to normal again, so it wasn`t on my end after all. Can only assume this latest downtime is the reason things were better.

Bjorn

RSS