Forums

Help › Forums

Taylor Made Zwedge

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:35 AM (7 replies)
  • duffer66
    700 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2009 8:31 PM

I purchsed this club adn it is rated for 77yds. This club hit about 10yds short all the time. Is this normal for this club?  Half power full swing should go 38yds but only goes 26yds. Help

• Tim30
    66 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2009 10:15 PM
    I own the same club and I have no problem hitting the full 77yrds out of it, actually I could hit around 82yrds with it on avg. full power. BUT... I also use the Tour-SD balls that are rated 2 dots for extra distance.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 4:49 AM

Duff-clear the cache after you buy clubs.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 8:56 AM
    Hi Yankee, I cleared the flash cache and there is no difference in the club power. I went back to my Ping and it has better power but not as far off as the Taylormade. I was using the SD balls also.
  • mefitz
    372 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 10:48 AM

Hi duffer, I`ve owned this club since it came out and have never had any problems with it (except to blame it for My mistakes,lol) but as with Any "partial" hits, it may not work the way you want it to. For example; Hit at 50% of meter power might only have a 30% effect of Real power, Hit at 75% of meter power and it could be only 66%, etc.. Most of the clubs work similar to this and that is why it`s preferable to have a FULL shot, in real life or here. It`s much easier to judge the expected results this way rather than guessing how much "power" to apply when "in-between clubs". Please DO NOT take my numbers above as fact. Those are just Examples.

If you have these issues on level ground, no wind, Full power, etc. then there is a problem and I would contact WGT. As for me, I`m still learning the Partial shots on my 64 degree wedge and expect to "know" this club after a lot of practice, and then some,lol.   GL

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 9:25 PM
    Hi Mefitz, Partial shots are a bumer with this club but at full strength on Bp #1 fairway it only goes 64 yds, that is a big difference from my Ping 60W. It is rated at 75yds and it will hit 74yds at full power. Tried both on the fairway and there is no comparison.
  • mefitz
    372 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 3:55 AM

I usually add about 3yds on my approach shot at BB#1 because of the up-slope of the green but, even That wouldn`t account for So much! Sounds like you`ve got a " defective " club and need to get a "virtual" exchange.?! Even my 64degree wedge will get that much with a slight tail wind, and it`s rated at 60yds. Good luck.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:35 AM
    I probably got one that was traded in Mefitz. For the time being I will go back to my Ping wedge. Thanks for the input.
RSS