Help › Forums

Plug-ins

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 2 2011 2:40 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 4:55 PM

After a little assistance, all day I have been getting a drop down banner stating an additional plug-in is required to display some elements on this page. This is both on Chrome and Comodo Dragon.

Have repletely clicked on the install plug-in button, keeps coming back.

Have tryied the problems installing route and get the following

Windows Media Player and Java

If you allow websites to use plug-ins and the browser detects that you're missing a plug-in for a particular site, it'll prompt you to install the plug-in at the top of the webpage. Here's more information about installing Windows Media Player and Java plug-ins. Learn more about managing plug-ins

Windows Media Player

If a page simply links to Windows media files (e.g. .asf or .asx files), you might not see a prompt to download the Windows Media Player plug-in. In that case, follow these instructions to get the plug-in:

Windows instructions

1. Visit http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download.aspx 
    2. Click Download Now.
    3. Click Save for the file in the downloads bar to confirm that you want to download the file. Don't worry -- saving the file won't harm your computer. Learn more about downloading files in Google Chrome.
    4. Open the set-up file.
    5. Click Run to start the Setup Wizard. Follow the instructions in the wizard to finish installing the plugin.
    6. Restart Google Chrome.

Mac instructions

Test whether the Windows Media Player plug-in is successfully installed 

Java

Windows instructions

1. Visit http://java.com/en/download/chrome.jsp  to download Java version 6, update 11 or higher.
    2. Click Agree and Start Free Download to save the set-up file to your computer.
    3. Click Save for the file in the downloads bar to confirm that you want to download the file. Don't worry -- saving the file won't harm your computer. Learn more about downloading files in Google Chrome.
    4. Open the set-up file. Follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing Java.

Mac instructions

Test whether the Java plug-in is successfully installed 

I have done the above, and cursed a couple of times, but still it comes back. Have tested both down loads and they work
    Any ideas?
    Thanks Kindle

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 6:02 PM

What are your computer specs and  operating system?

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 6:33 PM

Pentium Dual core e5400 @ 2700 ghz, memory 2gb, windows 7.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 7:22 PM

hmmm, that sounds a bit strange Kindle... be careful what you click.

• Donko58
    183 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 7:35 PM

mantis0014:

hmmm, that sounds a bit strange Kindle... be careful what you click.

I agree......Sounds like a virus to me. You should run a virus scan of your system and see what you come up with.

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 8:51 PM

so have run scans, no virus's detected, decieded to uninstall both chroem and comodo, did so, reinstalled, and hey still getting the message. Ironically, dont get it on IE9 for some reason.

Also for some reason if I open another tab first, ie Amazon, then open WGT, only get the plug in drop down on the first tab.

Head scatcher

Kindle

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2011 11:18 PM

Bumping this as still have this problem.

Any help much appreciated, Kindle

• fravel
    1,716 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2011 2:33 AM

I had it to but seems gone today

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2011 4:28 AM

Kindle2010:

I don't know what's going on there, but this might give someone a start.

i have never had the problem, had a look what extensions for chrome i have installed

options->extensions

the list is below

DivX Plus Web Player HTML5 <video>2.1.2.126
    RealPlayer HTML5Video Downloader Extension1.4
    SiteAdvisor3.40.135.1

have a look at yours, have you got anything else installed?

it's a start

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2011 4:37 AM

Kindle2010:

Is this game related or is it just involving the ads? Can you play normally?

If it's ad related I wouldn't worry about fixing it unless you really want to see the ad.

• PAGES
RSS