Forums

Help › Forums

Doc's Place is looking for new members

Sun, Apr 14 2024 4:40 PM (98 replies)
  • looselugnutz
    1,368 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2022 12:05 PM

We had 3 -- count 'em, 3!! -- Holes in One at Docs Place this week. They came so fast and furious that it was tough to get trophies made up in between all the activity.

First, AColford collected his 6th Ace, coming this time at Kiawah Island's hole #8. By the looks of things, I'm sure it won't be his last by a long shot.

Next, hayshounds1 knocked down his 10th Hole in One. His latest came on Pebble Beach's 5th hole. I do believe he's in the process of building another trophy case to house all his hardware.

And finally, Shaggy5020 scored his first ever Hole in One on the 9th hole at Pinehurst No. 2. The first of many, I'm sure.

Well done to all! We'll be constructing a new wing on the ol' trophy room if this pace keeps up.

• looselugnutz
    1,368 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2022 3:02 PM

Below are the trophies handed out for the 2022 Spring Points Tour and HDCP Tourney. Congratulations to all the winners, and a huge thanks to all who participated.

• looselugnutz
    1,368 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2022 3:16 PM

A big Thank You to all our membership who contribute their daily points to the club. It definitely helps us to become a better place going forward. And to those who have contributed 1,000,000 or more points to our effort, I'm adding their names to this plaque. Thanks heaps, gang. I appreciate your efforts greatly.

Scott

• looselugnutz
    1,368 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2022 11:38 AM

We had another Hole in One today at Doc's Place. This one comes from Henry, aka Zzyzx01, who holed out his tee shot on Bethpage Black's Hole #8. Well done, Henry!

• looselugnutz
    1,368 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2022 12:21 PM

Please join me in congratulating hayshounds1 for his latest Ace. This one came on Wolf Creek's hole #3 just over two weeks since his last one. Way to go, hound!

• looselugnutz
    1,368 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2022 11:07 AM

Congratulations to all who placed in our 2022 Partner with a Pro Open Championship tourney. And a huge thanks to all who donated prizes for the event.

Scott

• looselugnutz
    1,368 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2022 11:07 AM

Our latest Hole in One came from jdstar8812 this week, this time on Pebble Beach's hole #7. Very nicely done, jd.

• Doc58
    6,369 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2022 7:23 AM

We all lost a dear friend and Club Director this year when we lost Skipper (penguinskip). This will be our first annual tourney in remembrance of our old friend. The background picture is from his hometown course that he loved to play so much.

The tourney will begin Sunday September 11th and will be 4 rounds. Round duration will be 3 days each and the tourney will end on September 23rd. All rounds will be single play on the back nines of the courses shown above. 

Rest in Peace Skipper. We miss you dearly.

• looselugnutz
    1,368 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2022 2:17 PM

Congratulations go out to Henry, aka Zzyzx01, for his win in our Summer HDCP tourney. Well done, Henry. And thanks to all who took part.

• looselugnutz
    1,368 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2022 2:40 PM

Congratulations go out to looselugnutz for the win in our summer Points Tour tourney. It was a hard fought victory, just edging out Doc58 in the end. And a huge Thank You to all who took part.

RSS