Bugs and more bugs.

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 31 2021 6:09 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Grimm2021
    12 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2021 4:56 AM

Gave a birdie to opponent when he had a par thus losing round

no gimmie on a Rio round again losing 2.1’. Other player got gimmie.  

pebble beach ranging does not work on one hole.   

I don’t know how many times I’ve repeated a shot to get the game to react correctly.  

Am not a physical golfer.  Looked up golf rules about what kind of balls your allowed at the start of a round.  I have so many (had) WGT golf ball that are single.  Only difference is color, meter, durability, etc is the same.  Is the color difference keeping them from being bunched together and is that then the rule?  
     https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules/rules-2019/rules-of-golf/rule-4.html

like the game

just don’t like glitches.  

• garyk49
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2021 9:41 AM

You are correct.  The same ball has to be exact in all categories, or it will be deemed a different ball, even color.

• Mythanatos
    2,208 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2021 10:44 AM

Grimm2021:

I have played 25000+ coin games and I've never seen that bug. I doubt it occurred. a miscount on your part is more likely.  But in the interest of being open minded let's see if it's happened to a lot of people and just never has hit me.

Grimm2021:

2.1 is outside the gimme range. and quite frankly if you missed a 2 foot putt you deserve to lose.  Plus I don't think Rio has gimmes anyway. i could be remembering wrong though. It's been a while since i've played that room. 

• Grimm2021
    12 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2021 12:51 PM

3’ is what I see all the time.  Nice Abusive comment about a two foot putt, it lipped the cup.  It happens, snob.  

• Grimm2021
    12 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2021 12:58 PM

As for the birdie on the Casablanca round I played.  No miss count.   I recounted and recounted his shots. I had 3 to his 4.  I as on the green in two, he three.  
    quit being such a judgemental  armchair golfer. 

aren’t you going to challenge my comment about Pebble Beach also?  I move the ranger on one of the holes and if I go back to the same spot the distance is far from the same as before, 75’- 100’.   

• Grimm2021
    12 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2021 12:58 PM

Thanks and wow!  

• alosso
    21,045 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2021 1:02 PM

Grimm2021:
     Am not a physical golfer.  Looked up golf rules about what kind of balls your allowed at the start of a round.  I have so many (had) WGT golf ball that are single.  Only difference is color, meter, durability, etc is the same.  Is the color difference keeping them from being bunched together and is that then the rule?  
     https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules/rules-2019/rules-of-golf/rule-4.html
    IMHO, balls aren't restricted directly by the rules but by programming.

"The bag" is closed during any round to prevent club changes (by rule 4), and this includes the balls, thus no switching. Starter balls are an extra.

• bossbird
    2,198 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2021 4:47 PM

Mythanatos:

Grimm2021:

I have played 25000+ coin games and I've never seen that bug. I doubt it occurred. a miscount on your part is more likely.  But in the interest of being open minded let's see if it's happened to a lot of people and just never has hit me.

Grimm2021:

2.1 is outside the gimme range. and quite frankly if you missed a 2 foot putt you deserve to lose.  Plus I don't think Rio has gimmes anyway. i could be remembering wrong though. It's been a while since i've played that room. 

No , there are no gimmes in Rio 

• Grimm2021
    12 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 5:24 AM

Sorry I was wrong.  Not Rio drawing a blank.  900 coin round Paris?   3’ gimmie every round on the green.  Have had to putt out shots less than 3’ while opponent gets gimmie.   
    correct no gimmies in  Rio.   

• bossbird
    2,198 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 6:49 AM

Grimm2021:

Sorry I was wrong.  Not Rio drawing a blank.  900 coin round Paris?   3’ gimmie every round on the green.  Have had to putt out shots less than 3’ while opponent gets gimmie.   
    correct no gimmies in  Rio.   

Maybe gimmes are turned off in your settings ?

edit : I thought you could turn off gimmes but can’t find where , 

• PAGES
RSS