Help › Forums

Looking for a well established club.

Fri, Aug 27 2021 1:00 AM (8 replies)
  • Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2021 5:01 AM

Hi everyone,

Never really thought Id be looking for a new club again, but here I am. Lol

A little about myself. I am South African Tour Champ Ave 55.10.

Ive been with my previous club, Southern England links for 7 years. I left on my own accord due to circumstances out of my control. I'm sure my previous club members, bar maybe one or two, will all attest to me being a loyal and caring member. I was a director at the club, helping to setup and maintain various monthly Cups, I organized the 60+ player SEL Ryder Cup for 3 years, I established and administered the  SEL Ranking for a number of years, I captained the SEL Thunderchickens (current Semi-finalist in the World Cup) for four years going, I managed the Inter CC squad, headed up recruitment and many other tasks around the club.

As Im still involved, albeit now in a non-playing capacity, with the SEL Thunderchickens until the end of the current World Cup, and Im still helping with the current month's Cups and the smooth transition of them to a new director , I will still have some task to fulfill at my previous club until end of August 2021. I have however tried to be open with the other members of management there and they do know Im looking for a new club.

I would like to have a look at my options in the meantime, so would love to hear from clubs fitting the bill. Here is what Im looking for:

1. I dont do clashes/ turf wars. Its a total waste to play for fake Merri-go-round tee markers and play costly endless rounds.

2. Id like to help with the running of the club eventually. This is something I enjoy. Maybe Challonge Cups or Leagues that I can set up or run?

3. Preferably the majority of tournaments are set as single round and has differing conditions. Im not fond of Red tee, unlimited toruneys.

4. It would be good if the club had a current league/ tour structure going.

5. Id like to be in a club where 90%+ of the members are active daily players, who play in mostly CC tournaments, with an owner who cuts inactives on a regular basis.

6. Active Inter CC squad. 

7. Preferably has an offsite forum/ site/ even discord where CC members can get together.

I know this is alot to ask and Im not even sure if another CC comes close to meet these criteria, but If by some miracle there is, I would love to hear from you.

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2021 6:20 AM

Take a look at the Nice and Friendly and see if this is something you would like.

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/617336.aspx?PageIndex=10

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2021 7:35 AM

Should anyone require a glowing reference for my old mate Nico, then I would be more than happy to supply the same, as I've known him for many, many years.

A nice guy and a great player with a fantastic sense of humour.

WillieSinkit (Director, RavensWood Hollow).

• Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2021 9:08 AM

Thanks Willie, and Dave. Ill contact you in due course, but would like to give it a good long think, and really  first have a look whats out there and whether something comes remotely close to the beast I helped build at SEL, before making the final move. 

I appreciate all your kind offers.

• jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2021 5:56 PM

What you talk about is how Black Diamond GC operates.

I have played with you before in AS.  Look at us.

As far as your ideas on how to set up friendly intra-club tournaments, I am all for them.

Tom.

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2021 11:17 PM

Sent a friend requeswt  would like to discuss what your wrote 

Take care 

Greg

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2021 10:34 PM

The way you lead your team, Grt run and game  in World Cup 👍

Shocked by your decision 

WGT is full of surprises ..anyway

We are a clash club, but still we like conpetetion and lot goes on in the club apart from clashes

Maybe Hav a look at THE PENALTY BOX

Weuse Discord for communication in the club

• jlhoelscher
    9,912 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2021 12:52 AM

Nicozandberg:

Hi everyone,

Never really thought Id be looking for a new club again, but here I am. Lol

A little about myself. I am South African Tour Champ Ave 55.10.

Ive been with my previous club, Southern England links for 7 years. I left on my own accord due to circumstances out of my control. I'm sure my previous club members, bar maybe one or two, will all attest to me being a loyal and caring member. I was a director at the club, helping to setup and maintain various monthly Cups, I organized the 60+ player SEL Ryder Cup for 3 years, I established and administered the  SEL Ranking for a number of years, I captained the SEL Thunderchickens (current Semi-finalist in the World Cup) for four years going, I managed the Inter CC squad, headed up recruitment and many other tasks around the club.

As Im still involved, albeit now in a non-playing capacity, with the SEL Thunderchickens until the end of the current World Cup, and Im still helping with the current month's Cups and the smooth transition of them to a new director , I will still have some task to fulfill at my previous club until end of August 2021. I have however tried to be open with the other members of management there and they do know Im looking for a new club.

I would like to have a look at my options in the meantime, so would love to hear from clubs fitting the bill. Here is what Im looking for:

1. I dont do clashes/ turf wars. Its a total waste to play for fake Merri-go-round tee markers and play costly endless rounds.

2. Id like to help with the running of the club eventually. This is something I enjoy. Maybe Challonge Cups or Leagues that I can set up or run?

3. Preferably the majority of tournaments are set as single round and has differing conditions. Im not fond of Red tee, unlimited toruneys.

4. It would be good if the club had a current league/ tour structure going.

5. Id like to be in a club where 90%+ of the members are active daily players, who play in mostly CC tournaments, with an owner who cuts inactives on a regular basis.

6. Active Inter CC squad. 

7. Preferably has an offsite forum/ site/ even discord where CC members can get together.

I know this is a lot to ask and I'm not even sure if another CC comes close to meet these criteria, but If by some miracle there is, I would love to hear from you.

Hello ,

Majestic Mountain, who is the only level 22 club has one spot open. 

We do not insist that you clash, participate in Turf wars, just be friendly and enjoy WGT as you see fit.

Let us know,

Jeff

• jlhoelscher
    9,912 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2021 1:00 AM

jacktrade51:

What you talk about is how Black Diamond GC operates.

I have played with you before in AS.  Look at us.

As far as your ideas on how to set up friendly intra-club tournaments, I am all for them.

Tom.

Tom is a good guy and Black Diamond if a good club. Best of wishes to you wherever you land. 

~Jeff

RSS