Forums

Help › Forums

Torrey Pines Hole 3 Par3 distance issue

Tue, Jan 18 2022 3:54 PM (35 replies)
  • Tepi62Ka
    244 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 10:34 PM

I played it just elevation 68 down. It was almost on green!

• MioKontic
    4,017 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2022 4:58 AM

Played this hole yesterday in the current showdown.  Wind was 10-12 at 1 o'clock on a clockface.  194 - 23yds (68ft) is 171yds.  I hit 165 with full bs on a cheap WGT ball (with negligible 1.0 distance and zero spin)... and the ball flew 203yds into the rough at the back of the green.  That's nearly 40yds further than the distance for the club with what is only a moderate wind, a cheap low-distance ball, and full bs which should decrease the hitting distance even further.

So, what is this 83ft elevation drop that has been mentioned?  Is that just a guess because 68ft didn't work, or is that the figure we're supposed to use in tailwinds?

• pmm711
    4,741 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2022 11:37 AM

MioKontic:

Played this hole yesterday in the current showdown.  Wind was 10-12 at 1 o'clock on a clockface.  194 - 23yds (68ft) is 171yds.  I hit 165 with full bs on a cheap WGT ball (with negligible 1.0 distance and zero spin)... and the ball flew 203yds into the rough at the back of the green.  That's nearly 40yds further than the distance for the club with what is only a moderate wind, a cheap low-distance ball, and full bs which should decrease the hitting distance even further.

So, what is this 83ft elevation drop that has been mentioned?  Is that just a guess because 68ft didn't work, or is that the figure we're supposed to use in tailwinds?

I'm thinking you may have forgot to change the club from the 195 to the 165.  I've done this thinking I changed the club but clicked in another area and the club must have stayed the same.  Only reason I'm thinking this happened to you is the distance the ball flew.

• pdb1
    23,222 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2022 3:09 PM

pdb1:
    Yes it is wrong . The drop is much lower . Try starting at 172 yards . Adjust for wind and see how you do .

pdb1:

wedge0837:
    I wasn't sure what 68 down means in the terms used by others. Might be elevation, sorry.

I can relate . So F E 1 . And ask anyway . The 68 refers to feet , Which equals somewhere around 22.5 yds down in elevation .

pdb1:

richard03804:

1.  this hole is severe DOWNHILL, not uphill

2.  read former posts, full backspin also 10 yards long

This is nothing to do with skill, its a program bug of WGT, I surprise you comment like this unless you have not played this hole.

No one said it was up .

Everyone has played it .

We know it is a typo . Or mistake or error .

We are all sharing information to be able to play the hole with as few strokes as possible .

As WGT may never get around to correcting their error .

You say

richard03804:
    full backspin also 10 yards long

You didn't mention the wind .

An experienced WGTer would be able to play it with any type of spin . And any type of wind . Once the proper elevation is known .

Sam . I wasn't going to say anything .

My point is . Confirmation the elevation is incorrect . To suggest that other offered elevations be tried . To put on their big boy pants and figure it out ..

• MioKontic
    4,017 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2022 3:17 PM

pmm711:

I'm thinking you may have forgot to change the club from the 195 to the 165.

I think I know what I'm doing!  Yes I did change it to the 165 club.

WGT - isn't it about time you fixed the elevation issue!!!

• SamSpayed
    4,044 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2022 3:54 PM

Paul, in reading this post, all I see is a post where you're quoting 3 of your posts from earlier in this thread, and adding nothing new to the discussion.

Am I missing something?  What is the point you are trying to make?

EDIT:  I see that, after I posted this, you edited your post to add the following:

pdb1:

Sam . I wasn't going to say anything .

My point is . Confirmation the elevation is incorrect . To suggest that other offered elevations be tried . To put on their big boy pants and figure it out ..

It's not at all clear from your quoting yourself 3 times that that's what you were trying to say, but thanks for clarifying it now.

RSS