Forums

Help › Forums

Short shots

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 6 2009 2:17 PM (2 replies)
  • Thundercloud
    1 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 5:10 AM

wind 11mph from behind 138 yds to the pin club set to 150 yrds hit about 80% and hit zero.

Shot goes 110 yards  why?? This is on Bethpage

there are a number of holes that even after clubing up to the next higher club do the same thing it will not let you reach the green. this I find unrealistic as an amateur IN THIS GAME and not my first golf game given the conditions and the right equipment and the right swing and not being able to reach the green  I think that some one needs to look at this.

Thundercloud

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 6:00 AM

First of all, why would you put this in General Tournament Discussions?

What you are referring to is called "deviation", or "the beast". Use the search box to the top right of your screen and search these terms, if you've got about three years to read them.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 2:17 PM

Tcloud-I'm not sure it's the beast Gao refers to. It could be but I've learned that when you try to hit a longer club at lesser power it doesn't translate to what you would expect. It's almost as if there's an accelerated drop in ydg not totally proportional to the strength of the swing. Your 80% of 138  is 110 by the numbers but maybe only 100 actually swinging that hard because of that accelerated drop. Maybe an 85-90% swing gets you the 110. This is where the practice part comes in. Find a fairway you like and hit it back and forth to see.

Then again-maybe the beast had to exhale or something.  :)  GL

YJ

RSS