Forums

Help › Forums

Flag poles

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 9 2021 9:15 PM (6 replies)
  • Notajedi
    36 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2021 9:21 AM

A couple of times recently even though I've removed the flag before my shot I've had the result you'd get from hitting the flag minus the sound of the ball hitting the flag.

I primarily play brackets on an Amazon fire tablet and this hasn't happened before until the last week.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2021 6:41 AM

two possibilities.

1) you must remove the flagstick then do the swing. If you do the swing then remove the flagstick as the game is swinging or the ball is in flight then the game treats it as if it's still in the hole. The reason is the shot was calculated before the display action takes place.

assuming you did remove the flagstick correctly then...

2) You hit the edge of the hole and it ricocheted off the edge.

• Notajedi
    36 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2021 5:02 PM

Mythanatos:

two possibilities.

1) you must remove the flagstick then do the swing. If you do the swing then remove the flagstick as the game is swinging or the ball is in flight then the game treats it as if it's still in the hole. The reason is the shot was calculated before the display action takes place.

assuming you did remove the flagstick correctly then...

2) You hit the edge of the hole and it ricocheted off the edge.

1) Yes I had removed the pole before the shots.

2) Both times where wedge into the green and one of them bounced 30 yards into the rough,I've never seen that from hitting the cup, have you?

Thanks for the reply

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2021 6:50 AM

Notajedi:
    2) Both times where wedge into the green and one of them bounced 30 yards into the rough,I've never seen that from hitting the cup, have you?

yes. flop shot on a merion hole hit the edge and bounced about 25 yards back at me and behind me.

also one time i jarred an approach shot and it bounced out of the hole. luckily that one only ended up about 4-5 feet away. i used to have a video of that one.

• Notajedi
    36 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2021 9:54 AM

Perhaps that what it was,

Thanks mythanatos.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2021 9:57 AM

Notajedi:
    1) Yes I had removed the pole before the shots.
    Still possible that you clicked twice, re-inserting the flagstick.

New game flaws notwithstanding...

Notajedi:
    WGT's flagsticks have a reputation of being tremendously stiff, and Merion's real-life flagsticks ARE thicker and stiffer than normal to hold the wicker.

Here, we have seen instances and replays which left the impression that the ball might be loaded with energy on impact, 100 yds shots bouncing off 200+ yds.

• jhg300
    8 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2021 9:15 PM

I think I just experienced an example of that.  Oakmont #14, 130 yards away, good shot, and lands in/near the pin and continues then flys off 200+ yards into a lost ball.

RSS