Forums

Help › Forums

Irons help

Sun, Jun 6 2021 11:35 AM (1 replies)
  • Jam1594
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2021 8:48 AM

The default irons in this game are most unreliable and i've noticed that since i reached Master my shots have been going ridiculously haywire even when the meter is very marginally off the ding. Am being let down by my irons a lot. Especially where the 2nd shot is 150+ yards on courses like pinehurst, erin, chambers, etc. Also losing in closely contested coins games too due to this.

Could anybody suggest a stop-gap iron set for me to use in the interim? Something not very  expensive, which does reasonably well and wont mess up my scores. Eventually i'll buy the callaway level 85 set but that will take quite a while as i have almost no credits currently.

Any other advice/game tips are also welcome!

Thanks.

• SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2021 11:35 AM

Jam1594:

Could anybody suggest a stop-gap iron set for me to use in the interim? Something not very  expensive, which does reasonably well and wont mess up my scores. Eventually i'll buy the callaway level 85 set but that will take quite a while as i have almost no credits currently.

I think your best bet is to just save up for the Callaway Apex Pro 21 Iron Set (L85+).  If you do nothing but watch the 2 credit videos every day (150 cr / day), you will have saved up enough credits to buy them in 3½ weeks.  

Why spend credits on a stop-gap set when you're only 3½ weeks away from the best irons available to you at your level?

RSS