Forums

Help › Forums

May 1st Torrey Pines

Tue, May 4 2021 5:35 PM (40 replies)
  • Slimjim001
    1,025 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2021 7:50 AM

I started to launch from Steam at the time WGT Champion announced that they would launch WGT. We were all anticipating the demise of Flash back then. I figured that Steam would become the premier launcher for WGT but as it turned out, that didn't happen at all. Even today, there are only 2,114 WGT plyers launching from Steam and I expect many of those are like me. I am still listed with Steam but I never launch from there. Steam caters to coin players (gamers). It makes me wonder if WGT won't get the boot from Steam sooner or later if they can't get more players to launch from there.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 2:04 AM

The only U.S. Open courses not rolled out that way were Pebble and Oakmont which we already had and then the best of U.S. Open course from last year

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 6:29 AM

BPeterson8256:
    And yes, I think it is just an added benefit for steam. They do the same thing with mobile. I have noticed a weekly 9 hole unlimited that is for mobile only. I also stumbled across an April 18 hole tournament for steam only. I forget which course, I think it was St Andrews.

I wonder how all that works, the only thing here I use my phone for is buying credits and I'm not on steam.  What'll occasionally happen is I'll get the last hit thing and stop the round and go on my phone to buy credits, it will want me to continue the round I've started on my pc.

If you entered these tournaments on steam/mobile and then switched to the app/pc would the same happen? Would you continue the started round?  I'm sure there's a mobile tournament many have played for years on pc, wgt know but don't/can't fix it (lol, unless they have now).

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 7:01 AM

DodgyPutter:

If you entered these tournaments on steam/mobile and then switched to the app/pc would the same happen? Would you continue the started round?  I'm sure there's a mobile tournament many have played for years on pc, wgt know but don't/can't fix it (lol, unless they have now).

I tried the mobile one once just for S&G (shitz & giggles). It would not let me continue on PC. I had to forfeit to use the PC app.

One other note... The "steam qualifier tournament" may not qualify players, but it has a huge payout compared to most tournaments, 50,000 credits.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 7:23 AM

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 7:45 AM

This is the Steam leaderboard.

EDIT...what I have found strange in looking around.  Using my tourney button, I can get to all of them on both steam and the launcher.  I can't get to WGT.com from the steam version.  On the launcher I can get to WGT.com.  I have also noticed that during the loading of the first page, I see loading bundles on both,  this is new I believe.(I thought the bundles were only on steam)  I am wondering if we are now loading of version of steam without knowing it.  I run full screen and don't know if there is any kind of address bar showing where we are actually ending up.  And yes I can see the same names on both leaderboards.  As you can see I have been on steam for quite some while and have a pretty intensive list of games there.  The bright ones are actually downloaded at the moment, the lighter ones currently are not download, but have previously been played.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 7:55 AM

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2021 8:07 AM

TopShelf2010:

Thank you Sir.

I was just curious as to who may be double dipping LOL

Don

You are quite welcome.

• BPeterson8256