Forums

Help › Forums

May 1st Torrey Pines

Tue, May 4 2021 5:35 PM (40 replies)
  • wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2021 7:17 AM

Why can I only play Torrey Pines in the one single format. A tourney or a CTTH. 

I thought you people were adding this Course to the mix? 

Is it going to be added so that we can create our own game using Torrey? 

Or is this just for a month and then you take it away and leave us with the same old? 

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2021 7:53 AM

If it holds true like in the past.  You should be able to add like you are asking, but only after both the qualifier and Open Championship have been played.

They normally added the course into the mix after the above happens.

So short answer, right now No, to what you would like to do.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2021 7:54 AM

I am quite sure it will become available in all formats after the Qualifier

Just my opinion though

Don

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2021 8:05 AM

One other observation... There is a separate tournament just for Steam players that is also called the "Qualifier". However, the prize money is different and it does not say anything about it actually qualifying for the virtual U S Open. 

Am I right in assuming that the top players in that tournament do not qualify? If they do not qualify, I wonder if they are aware of that fact. There are a handful of good scores posted there already.

Virtual U.S. Open Qualifier on Steam

TORREY PINES GOLF COURSE

"Play the main event of the 2021 Virtual U.S. Open, featuring 18 holes of unlimited stroke play on Torrey Pines, host of this year's U.S. Open Championship for a 50K WGT Credit purse. As a special gift from the USGA everyone who enters the Qualifier will also receive a Lexus virtual golf ball and Lexus-branded Putter Pal, and you can get exclusive, free Lexus apparel in the Pro Shop for a limited time. Free to enter and open to WGT players on Steam only, see rules for details and eligibility."

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2021 8:37 AM

wedge0837:

Why can I only play Torrey Pines in the one single format. A tourney or a CTTH. 

I thought you people were adding this Course to the mix? 

Is it going to be added so that we can create our own game using Torrey? 

Or is this just for a month and then you take it away and leave us with the same old? 

Jesus, you're getting painfully boring with always talking about taking courses away. When TF did we ever lose a course? Trugolf courses don't count, cause they were never owned and produced by WGT, only leased. Oakmont went away over licensing issues, but came back. The so called VUSO course was only filling its spot during that time. And best ofs were simply changed. Again, when did we ever lose a completete course, made and introduced by WGT?

As for TP, if they follow the usual route, it'll become available to free play in other modes after the VUSO finishes (mid July) and available for CC tourneys with the end of July downtime/update.

You've been around for 11 years, you should know these things by now, ffs... 

• drenni
    459 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2021 8:38 AM

*** it why can we not play stroke with friends or alt  are we wait another month to play but elite can play that all time long *** it we are waiting 3 years for new course 

• drenni
    459 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2021 8:39 AM

ok why can we not play stroke with friends or alt  are we wait another month to play but elite can play that all time long  and we are waiting 3 years for new course 

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2021 8:57 AM

I only been playing for 3 years actually. I had a life before I got cancer. 

More importantly, why are you so ignorant lady? 

Get a grip, ffs...

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2021 8:57 AM

I only been playing for 3 years actually. I had a life before I got cancer. 

More importantly, why are you so ignorant lady? 

Get a grip, ffs...

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2021 10:56 AM

BPeterson8256:

One other observation... There is a separate tournament just for Steam players that is also called the "Qualifier". However, the prize money is different and it does not say anything about it actually qualifying for the virtual U S Open. 

Am I right in assuming that the top players in that tournament do not qualify? If they do not qualify, I wonder if they are aware of that fact. There are a handful of good scores posted there already.

Virtual U.S. Open Qualifier on Steam

TORREY PINES GOLF COURSE

"Play the main event of the 2021 Virtual U.S. Open, featuring 18 holes of unlimited stroke play on Torrey Pines, host of this year's U.S. Open Championship for a 50K WGT Credit purse. As a special gift from the USGA everyone who enters the Qualifier will also receive a Lexus virtual golf ball and Lexus-branded Putter Pal, and you can get exclusive, free Lexus apparel in the Pro Shop for a limited time. Free to enter and open to WGT players on Steam only, see rules for details and eligibility."

Not sure where you found that? This is what I read in the tournament presentation: 

Open to all WGT players on eligible platforms and free to enter, see rules for details and eligibility.

But, only residents from 9 countries are eligible so I'm not sure how much of an Open it is. 

RSS