Help › Forums

Frustration

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 4 2009 2:40 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 4:45 PM

I tried several times to play single play or multi play rounds and was never able to load all day. I submitted a bug report at about 6:40pm Central time.

I have cleared my cache, maximized my performance settings, etc, and still have not been able to play 1 game today. Not fun.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 4:50 PM

Just covering all bases Ala....

You said you drained your cache,  I'm assuming you meant flash.  Did you also drain your browser's cache?

Can you give out some more details about what's happening?  Is it getting stuck on a certain percentage during the initial load or perhaps between certain holes?

You can never have too many details.  :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 4:52 PM

Did you try a cold reboot?

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 5:00 PM

That was happening to me also at work today. Funny thing was it was only Kiawah that was the problem BP would load up. I also cleared both Flash and browser, and no luck. It worked last week when the same thing happened. Guess the good news for me was I can only play during lunch at work and typically just practice, so no huge problem. Wish I had a solution for ya, but just letting ya know misery loves company ;)

btw, unfortunately I can't change browsers at work, but that's what I would do if at home.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 9:32 PM

nivlac:

Just covering all bases Ala....

You said you drained your cache,  I'm assuming you meant flash.  Did you also drain your browser's cache?

Can you give out some more details about what's happening?  Is it getting stuck on a certain percentage during the initial load or perhaps between certain holes?

You can never have too many details.  :)

Yes. flash. I have no idea how to drain my browser cache. (dummy here)

Details- 4 person multi-player stroke play. All 4 go to 1st hole and I am #4 on the list. Never completed loading and I finally dropped out after about 2 minutes to let the others play.

Then tried single play - as opposed as playing with myself :) - Tried Kiawah and BPB. Would get to 17% and stop. Logged off and back on. 17% again.

Logged off and on again  12% this time.

Shut computer down and rebooted. Same thing. Drank a beer. Still the same.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 9:37 PM

ncviz:

That was happening to me also at work today. Funny thing was it was only Kiawah that was the problem BP would load up. I also cleared both Flash and browser, and no luck. It worked last week when the same thing happened. Guess the good news for me was I can only play during lunch at work and typically just practice, so no huge problem. Wish I had a solution for ya, but just letting ya know misery loves company ;)

btw, unfortunately I can't change browsers at work, but that's what I would do if at home.

Computer dummy here. I have no idea what browser I have, much less how to change it. And will it mess with other stuff on my computer if I change?

• KatieJ
    43 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2009 4:13 AM
    I had the same problem,,according to WGT it was my computer and no one else was experiencing this issue...so you all must be using my computer
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2009 6:36 AM

AlaCowboy:
    Computer dummy here. I have no idea what browser I have, much less how to change it. And will it mess with other stuff on my computer if I change?

Not at all, Cowboy. If you've never messed around with your browser you're probably playing in Internet Explorer-not good. Google "Chrome" and get that browser. It's free and will install itself-you just click the necessary buttons. I use Chrome and Firefox browsers and both perform really well. GL

YJ

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2009 8:46 AM

YankeeJim:

AlaCowboy:

Not at all, Cowboy. If you've never messed around with your browser you're probably playing in Internet Explorer-not good. Google "Chrome" and get that browser. It's free and will install itself-you just click the necessary buttons. I use Chrome and Firefox browsers and both perform really well. GL

YJ

Many thanks for the advice. I am now on Google Chrome and will have to figure out how to use it properly. but it seems to be better. I will play a single game or 2 and then try a multi-play.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2009 12:21 PM

Same here ..its my computer as well apparantly. Never happend before the last major up-date, ths usual lag and jittery meter, but nothing like it is now

• PAGES
RSS