Help › Forums

Coffee

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 13 2011 2:36 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 5:32 AM

I find it best made with hot water. The granules do not seem to mix well in cold.

Lizzie xx

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 5:39 AM

I find it best made with a percolator. I only put somewhere up to 10 scoops in, that's all! That or from Biggby.

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 6:20 AM

I do like an Expresso first thing in the morning made on the stove nothing like it.

Lucky

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 7:04 AM

One must grind their own Columbian beans and use an acceptable drip brewer for a decent cup.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 7:25 AM

Coffee.......in the military, it looks like muddy water and tastes like Turpentine

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 7:42 AM

Dunkin Donuts coffee is the best.  C

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 7:48 AM

Kopi Luwak But i will leave that to you folks to taste, lol. Besides, i dont think i could afford it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 8:01 AM

Lizzie, have you tried any of the uses for the spent grounds yet, or did you find your perfect sink?

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 9:55 AM

Renn, I am still collecting the spent grounds into a little tub which I used to use for crayons and has a lid with a small piece chewed away, which I blame on Mum for refusing to allow more than 11 toys out a time, and so I needed to manufacture some of my own. The lid was going to be a a helicopter but not only was I denied running with scissors, but yet I was not also allowed to use them to cut plastic with.

I have added some zest of oranges and lemons to the mix, and run my fingers through the drying lees daily which actually feels rather good, a sort of granular yet toasty texture against my skin, making me wonder about an exfoliation capability if mixed with ground down pummice, and then marketed in time for christmas in a woven wicker basket shrouded with plumped up tissue suffused with faint aroma of sandalwood and gift wrapped with wide ribbons curled, and then I wish I still could have those scissors once denied. I think the ribbon could be a deep and lustrous dark tan, that would look good.

Of course the wickered basket when empty, could then be utilised in the kitchen, for storing used coffee grounds. I love circles and how things can be coerced into coming a full one.

Lizzie xx

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 10:26 AM

I am quite pleased to hear, that I alone,  have given you such a pleasurable new way to spend your rare moments of relaxation. The brain storming on your part to turn this into a gift that others can enjoy is absolutely brilliant. You are such a thoughtful and caring person. I'm sure the commoners would enjoy such a token of your generosity. If for nothing more than the basket, which they could use as a gathering device for whatever scraps they may come upon. Or for a temporary crib for the next generation of crumb snatchers.

• PAGES
RSS