Forums

Help › Forums

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

Sun, Oct 16 2011 1:13 PM (49 replies)
  • SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 12:27 PM

TeeWade:

You're the best!  yayyyyyy you

I agree.

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 12:56 PM

LMAO, thats "like" fkg hilarious guys!  But "like" please send the ales and lagers first order.

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 10:31 AM

TeeWade:

just wondered tee...

you don't by any chance get your towel by the pool before sunrise when on holiday?

just wondered :)

Well since you ask. I actually work for a living and don't get bank holidays, box holidays, a month off during the summer etc as some others over there do. I spent my 2 weeks vacation that took a year to get this past May being the human backhoe. I leveled roughly a 30 foot diameter area that ranged from 2-10 inches deep that was good ol hard packed southern clay dirt, with pick axe and flat shovel. Then humped in roughly 40 wheelbarrows full of sand and leveled that out to install an above ground pool for my daughter and the nieces to have a place to cool off in the 100+ degree days we have here.  So with that being said.....No, I do not require an early morning towel by the pool before sunrise. I actually have to wash, dry, fold and get my own towel as I am a single daddy. Any further questions you may have, I shall be more than happy to answer.  Thanks for caring though  :)

No Sense of Humour at all and he's Bitter........Shame

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 10:40 AM

Ya gotta laugh at yourself or throw dirt on you, you're dead. I thought the OP was funny immediately, not a slap at all.

My first thought, though, was I'm glad we celebrate Columbus Day here. That was the day brother Columbus discovered a place to get away from...., well get away, anyway. :-P

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 10:53 AM

YankeeJim:

Ya gotta laugh at yourself or throw dirt on you, you're dead. I thought the OP was funny immediately, not a slap at all.

My first thought, though, was I'm glad we celebrate Columbus Day here. That was the day brother Columbus discovered a place to get away from...., well get away, anyway. :-P

So am i YJ,  Columbus Day in Weston-Super-Mare just don't sound right. lol

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 12:07 PM

YankeeJim:

Jim...not to hijack the thread and get all historical and such....but....I think Columbus was not actually the one that discovered your fine land.  The Native Americans and that chap Amerigo Vespucci would probably beg to differ.  It's just that Al Gore invented the internet and Columbus blogged about it first...that's why he get's the credit.

Now then, let's all grab a pint and sit around the campfire and sing "America----or God Save the Queen....same damn song anyway.

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 12:10 PM

TBF. It's a reworking of an internet funny that's at least 10 years old.

As you were.

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 12:22 PM

A Pint and a Pie, Count me in....lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 12:53 PM

Ducati916:
    .not to hijack the thread and get all historical and such....but....I think Columbus was not actually the one that discovered your fine land.

Yes, D, you're right. And that's taught in the history classes here in America. He just doesn't get the holiday or the zillion American Italians idolizing him though. Brother Christopher and his 3 ships get the glory.  :-D

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 1:48 PM

A person would be well served to read "A People's History of The United States" by Howard Zinn. It provides a view of Columbus, what he faced and how he reacted. Not a pretty view.

RSS