Forums

Help › Forums

What is going on

Mon, Mar 29 2021 10:16 PM (48 replies)
  • Brizzmissesjoey
    15 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2021 1:43 PM

Nolan,

Can you please provide some examples of the best / better free real VPNs in your experience for us novice ill informed non tech.  E.G I barely comprehend what a VPN does other than provide a direct, clean path to the data you are intending to up or down load. Yes?

Thank for any help or info you are willing to provide out of pure kindness,

Brizzmissejoey

• DeirdreO
    90 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 1:15 AM

This is exactly what I’m getting on my MacBook Pro.  Exactly. And it is NOT my internet, other devices are running fine, as is the MacBook Pro.  It’s WGT.  

thank you for explaining the problem perfectly. 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 9:48 AM

pdb1:

pdb1:
    So far it seems as though the add on VPN works better than anything else . But not by much . And not consistently . I haven't set up a real VPN yet .

nolan60:

First thing i would do is setup a real vpn that's the only way you are running a true vpn service ... there are a few good free ones out there

nolan

Because I keep seeing articles like this :

Free VPN services may cost nothing but there is usually a good reason for that - it means the provider will be turning a profit in some other way, usually with invasive advertising or by selling your browsing data to third-parties (rather defeating the whole drive for privacy in the first place).

Plus, free services tend to limit the amount of data you can use and the speed you can use it at, rendering them useless for streaming video, torrenting or as an extra layer of reliable security in your day-to-day online life. And don't expect the kind of easy access support or server range that you get with the paid services, either.

So before we get stuck in to our list of the best free VPN downloads, it's worth knowing that a paid-for version can cost as little as $2.50 per month and will give you much better performance and protection.

It is weird. I was getting the same thing on My Windows PC as everyone else and running A VPN was the only way I could connect. Then when I got home from work Friday my PC had frozen and  didn't appear to be starting, But I noticed that everything seemed to load it just didn't show up on my monitor. I unplugged my monitor and plugged it back in and it came back on. Since then with just my normal internet access I haven't even had a single resolving shot much less a sorry we can't connect to the server. Could restarting the PC a couple of times fixed the access problem or was it just a coincidence? 

• heresajambo
    363 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 12:44 PM

I pay for my VPN in UK it is £30 a year for five devices it works brilliant no lag 

www.privateinternetaccess.com

simple download and install safe and hidden

Kenny

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 12:59 PM

Brizzmissesjoey:

Nolan,

Can you please provide some examples of the best / better free real VPNs in your experience for us novice ill informed non tech.  E.G I barely comprehend what a VPN does other than provide a direct, clean path to the data you are intending to up or down load. Yes?

Thank for any help or info you are willing to provide out of pure kindness,

Brizzmissejoey

From what i have used Winscribe is i easiest that i have used both for Linux and windows and android ... I have never had any issues with it along with it's 10 gig a month limit ...

another one that i have been playing with is ProtonVPN it is pretty good

• Haligan295
    2 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 8:53 AM

Same for me.  WGT just killed their app.

RSS