Help › Forums

Having issue with iron distance changing

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 24 2023 10:30 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dschlapman
    71 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2021 8:23 AM

From time to time my iron distances change. This is not tournament play it is during Chelsea's and stroke play,

Yesterday while playing against friends my irons were all 5 yds. shorter distance than normal. this morning while playing Chelsea's they were 7 yds. short.

For example, my 3i is rated 225 yds. with my aperial  enhancements it is rated 239 yds. Yesterday it showed up as 234 yds. and this morning 232 yds. 

Is anyone else seeing this? 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 5:57 AM

I've noticed it with my driver and 3 wood.  I don't use any added distance to the other clubs as it would just throw me off on yardages. but I'd assume I'd see it there too if I did.  

• Ihatethisapptoo
    12 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 6:53 AM

That happens to me occassionally.  I notice it more especially the match after I forfeit a match, sort of like a punishment.  Then the next match they are back to normal.  I emailed support and recieved a boiler plate response that they try to have matches that are equitable for the two opponents blah blah blah......I just take it as a normal response of the app for forfeiting the previous match.  Its totally rigged anyway so why would you think they can't control your club distances.  What i also notice though, is even though the ratings change (decrease) the clubs actually tend to fly what your normal ratings are, so if you have your shot charts, there is no reason to pay attention to what the app says your clubs are. 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 8:41 AM

dschlapman:

From time to time my iron distances change. This is not tournament play it is during Chelsea's and stroke play,

Yesterday while playing against friends my irons were all 5 yds. shorter distance than normal. this morning while playing Chelsea's they were 7 yds. short.

For example, my 3i is rated 225 yds. with my aperial  enhancements it is rated 239 yds. Yesterday it showed up as 234 yds. and this morning 232 yds. 

Is anyone else seeing this? 

If you want consistent distance with your irons use only apparel with no bonuses 

• EK2019
    36 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 6:33 AM

I noticed this too, but thought it depended on what ball I was using as well...? My Irons have different distances all the time and I do not change Apparel... Seems to be depending on what ball I am using but it is so random I cannot pin point it...

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 2:24 PM

Coin rooms, apparel is on.

Stroke, Alt.Shot, etc. apparel can be off or on.

Balls only effect distance off the tee.

• Cicero733
    2,291 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 2:51 PM

The displayed yardage differential is a glitch. Your irons will always have their rated distance available regardless of what is displayed on the screen. If your 8 iron is rated at 150 yds, but the display shows 146 ignore it. Keep a record of what your rated distances are so you know them when the glitch occurs. The only time yardage for irons will actually change is when any apparel that provides boosted iron distance is not permitted or the apparel item is removed.

• CSM111
    119 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2023 11:43 AM

Just played a bracket tournament, I noticed the glitch I guess my 3 is rated at 239 but screen showed 225 , but  the distance on my PW was correct at 120. So do I assume just ignore what is on screen and stay with what original distance  is for club. 

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2023 4:54 PM

CSM111:
    So do I assume just ignore what is on screen and stay with what original distance  is for club. 

Yes

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Fri, Nov 24 2023 1:27 AM

HamdenPro:

CSM111:
    So do I assume just ignore what is on screen and stay with what original distance  is for club. 

Yes

Umm... actually No.  There are no irons that go more than 225yds without apparel.  Further, apparel can only be used in coin games and non-tournament games.  He was playing a bracket tournament, therefore the distance displayed (225) is correct.

I think I'm right in what I've said, hopefully someone will correct me if not.

• PAGES
RSS