Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2021

Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:48 PM (1,728 replies)
  • WhirlawayNow
    27 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 12:18 PM

WhirlawayNow (Player #152) The Penalty Box 1 wins with a score of 58 to Alkoholikk (Player #289) The Founders Club A with a score of 62.  Enjoyed the match.  Alkoholikk had some ridiculous missed horseshoe putts.

• Mercury1969
    205 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 2:42 PM

Group  Round 2 Match 2, Kiawh Island 18 hole Stroke 

Mercury1969 - JaxTeller08

Mercury1969 won 59 - 62

Thx Carlos for the round, u played very well.

Gr.,

Patrick

• jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 3:00 PM

PAULFINN52:
    i say this every year it is up to the captains to tell the players the rules and if there is a problem then restart and play from the last hole played.

I do, but everyone doesn't always listen.  We had an incident in Round 1 where 2 players played the wrong course.  It was settled amicably but I was annoyed enough I re-stated the rules in our forum in ALL CAPS.

Almost all problems will be solved if the inviting player double checks his criteria before sending the invite, and the 2nd player reviews the inviting criteria before accepting.  We all have plenty of time to do that especially when the match is scheduled.

When one sees a problem, accept, and in that chat bar type in Apparel On, 60 second clock, whatever the problem, and need to restart.  (In Flash, we could have specified that in declining, but not worth crying over that anymore.)

Tom.

NOTE to Finny, Paul: We have at least 4 matches completed and not recorded in the tables.  Not quite clear whether it is lack of reporting or just a lag in recording, but I will do a batch report by Tuesday if necessary.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 3:29 PM

jacktrade51:

PAULFINN52:
    i say this every year it is up to the captains to tell the players the rules and if there is a problem then restart and play from the last hole played.

I do, but everyone doesn't always listen.  We had an incident in Round 1 where 2 players played the wrong course.  It was settled amicably but I was annoyed enough I re-stated the rules in our forum in ALL CAPS.

Almost all problems will be solved if the inviting player double checks his criteria before sending the invite, and the 2nd player reviews the inviting criteria before accepting.  We all have plenty of time to do that especially when the match is scheduled.

When one sees a problem, accept, and in that chat bar type in Apparel On, 60 second clock, whatever the problem, and need to restart.  (In Flash, we could have specified that in declining, but not worth crying over that anymore.)

Tom.

NOTE to Finny, Paul: We have at least 4 matches completed and not recorded in the tables.  Not quite clear whether it is lack of reporting or just a lag in recording, but I will do a batch report by Tuesday if necessary.

sometimes matches are moderated or late coming in and we cant keep goijg back over pages so yes mate captains update sent to me or dotty are appreciated

thx

• chuck17201
    3 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 3:37 PM

group 2 round 2

cobra kai 2  vs  fairway fanatics 3

player 227 veber 42 shot 61 plus 2 hcp = 63 cobra kai

player 142 chuck17201 shot 67 fairway fanatics

• vivian1234
    3,905 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 3:59 PM

GROUP 4    ROUND 2

BILL'S BAND      vs      WGT AMIGOS 

102  DuduM1         vs      kingtuk            tied

92    TdotDoba       vs      davedresser   tied

Cheers ,

Viv xx

• POPPYPEUX
    839 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 4:40 PM

GROUP 2  ROUND 2

THE PENALTY BOX 3 vs APHADITES

#192 Autopsias vs #263 Poppypeux

He hit 65......I hit 60.........with 2 shots I had to give, POPPYPEUX won by 3

I played awful in an awful match to be involved in..........enough said!!

Thank u

Poppy

• APYJR
    4 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 6:38 PM

APYJR (#139) beats Srabmu (#232) 63 to 64

Thanks,

Albert

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 7:18 PM

PAULFINN52:

it has been brought to my attention from a match

fairway fanatic 2 v cobra kai 3

neetmr v Versace37

i have watched the stream by Versace37 regarding his apparell left on and didnt know what to do on the 3rd hole,he asked if they should maybe restart and neet was happy to play on if Versace37 did.

at that point he should have demanded a restart but played on and lost.

rules clearly state if a match is completed then the result stands,

if it cant be agreed get advice and replay another day.

PS

CAPTAINS START SENDING TEAMS OVER FOR ROUND 3 PLEASE

finny

We will take the L.  Versace is new to the world cup and was messaging me and I told him to forfeit the game but he felt uncomfortable as he was being told apparel was off.  It was obviously on.  Which some may see as an advantage but when you aren't used to the different spins, yardages, rough power it can make for a difficult round.  We will make sure this doesn't happen again

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 7:23 PM

Played a really fun game with DaveDresser today, it was a very tight match all the way to the end, Dave made a great approach on 18 for the bird to tie it up...

Very well played, and when Dave eagled holes 2 and 3 I knew I was in for a tough match.

Cheers to Shov & Bill woo hoo!

Thanks for the game and good luck amigo's going forward

-Dotty

RSS