Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2021

Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:48 PM (1,728 replies)
  • EKeefer
    935 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2021 3:09 PM

Group 1 Round 1 Match 4 -- The Bushwhackers vs Black Diamond

Tie#5  Gattylong vs EKeefer

Gatty and I got out to an even start thru the front nine as neither one of us could convert on the opportunities we had. It seemed the putters were not cooperating. After the turn we were AS. However, I was hitting some very good approaches and the Heart-thump barrage continued. I was able to score birdies over the next six holes to win 4 up with 3 to play on 15.

Thank you for a fun game, Gatty, it was a pleasure to meet you. Best of luck with your future matches.

Good Luck and Good Golfing!
    EK

• palopalante
    249 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2021 4:18 PM

also played today

group 2 match 4 tie 3 Alphadites vs Golfos panellets

(265) Samppa454 defeats (319) Ri99 4up

Richard didn't have his best day, good win from Samuel

• JDGHOST
    6,784 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2021 4:19 PM

Group 4

The Founders Club vs Smoking Golfos  tie#4

286 JDGHOST WIN over   339 rimon

• FEDMOON
    1,057 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2021 4:29 PM

Group 1: Match4

The Bushwackers vs Black Diamond

Tie #8

#379 FEDMOON won 4&3 vs #426 DanielT5

• DanielT5
    2,035 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2021 9:19 PM

Group 1  Rd 1     Black Diamond  vs  Bushwackers

429 DanielT5  lost  to 379 FEDMOON

Tie #8

• jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2021 9:52 PM

TdotDoba:
    1) When reporting your games, please, you must give us the Group # Match # tie# as well as your team and name, going forward if that information is not there, I will not be able to report the score until it is corrected or your captain sends it in with the weekly reporting

I get the well stated point.  We need to make it easy for you to interpret the results so you can post quickly and accurately.  You are doing the work for free.  The least we can do is make it a little easier.

I was scrolling through and the only match I found under-reported was Group 1, Match 4, pecanvally (#425) lost 1dn to wleiss (#380), whose eagle on 18 beat pecan's birdie.

In the BD-The Bushwackers match 6 games have been reported to me and we are up 3-2-1 (tie, forgive me, that's how we do it in the US).  2 games unplayed.

I will scroll through again on Sunday to make sure everything is up to date for our match.

Tom.

• Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2021 12:06 AM

Group 2   Round 1    Match 1

371 Gilly2017    Lost to     234 Zane613         Tie 5

364 Bigcountry317  Beat   227 Veber42          Tie 6

372 Corbyph     Lost to     235 Des1111          Tie 7

369 Borat74      Beat        231 Schmails3      Tie 8

Results so far for this match.

• Veber42
    17 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2021 1:47 AM

Thanks it was a fun round you are a very good player cheers 

• wleiss
    6,271 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2021 5:00 AM

Group # 1    Match # 4    Tie # 4   THE BUSHWACHERS v. BLACK DIAMOND

#380 wleiss beat #425 pecanvalley  1 up

It was a nail biter. George (pecanvalley) led for most of the front nine, but not by a lot. We spent a good part of the back nine all square, but I never had the lead. George won 16 to go one up, but had some trouble on 17. He was on the long,hourglass-shaped green in regulation, while I came up short and in the 40/50 rough. I hit a good flop to tap -in range, but George was looking at a pretty simple two putt. I think he either did his meter wrong, or did his math wrong on one of his next two putts, because he ended up three putting. Serendipity for me, but I felt bad for George because I've been there many times and I know the feeling. So now we're all square, (or "tied" if you'd rather), on 18. We both hit excellent drives. George hits his second to 14 feet, I hit mine to 19 feet. I yank my putt, but somehow it goes in. (I think I had dinged one putt the whole round, and the one on 18 was no exception). George's putt was close, but no cigar. A well fought battle with  an unfortunate ending for a nice guy. Thanks for the game George.

OK, I'll admit it, I saw there was a prize for best reporing on a match. This is my attempt. I sure as hell didn't get anywhere near the flag on a par three.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2021 5:43 AM

jacktrade51:

TdotDoba:
    1) When reporting your games, please, you must give us the Group # Match # tie# as well as your team and name, going forward if that information is not there, I will not be able to report the score until it is corrected or your captain sends it in with the weekly reporting

I get the well stated point.  We need to make it easy for you to interpret the results so you can post quickly and accurately.  You are doing the work for free.  The least we can do is make it a little easier.

I was scrolling through and the only match I found under-reported was Group 1, Match 4, pecanvally (#425) lost 1dn to wleiss (#380), whose eagle on 18 beat pecan's birdie.

In the BD-The Bushwackers match 6 games have been reported to me and we are up 3-2-1 (tie, forgive me, that's how we do it in the US).  2 games unplayed.

I will scroll through again on Sunday to make sure everything is up to date for our match.

Tom.

Looking at waht you have said tom 6 matches played but only 4 have been posted on the forum.

thats why i ama asking all CAPTAINS to post a weekly report on here with matches completed.

dont forget teams for round 2 as well

finny

RSS