Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2021

Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:48 PM (1,728 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 1:18 PM

The World cup 2021

Hello all

Well this is we are at the finals for the World Cup/Plate 2021

It’s been a great 6 months of group rounds and knockout stages.

It is a shame it has end but we will all have some great memories of play and laughter and hopefully made  a few friends along the way, that’s the reason I started this comp seems like a lifetime ago lol.

I would like to thank Cobra 1 and 2 for taking part and mybe get your names down for next year .

Cup Final

SEL Thunderchickens  v  Trans Bandits

With the  influx of a few players this year the Chickens have smashed their way through to the Final and full deserved their place, it’s a first for me after all these years and I can’t wait lol.

The Bandits are past masters of reaching this final and will be tough cookies after losing last year; they will certainly want to put this right.

Plate Final

Cosa Nostra  v  Golfos Panellets

Past champions Cosa take on the new kids Golfos our mad Spaniard friends

Can see this one being very close as both teams have quality players and should be a laugh or two with luis tuning in to cheer his mates on.

Right let’s do this

1st September –15th September

18 Holes Matchplay

ST Andrews Links

Appropriately, the designer of the Old Course is said to be Mother Nature herself. Who else could have provided so many idiosyncrasies, so many changes of perspective, and so many memorable details? But it is the hand of man that has transformed a rugged wilderness into one of sport's most famous arenas. All other golf courses are descended from the Old Course, but none can ever truly be compared to it.

RULES

Each match will be played to a WIN ONLY EVEN IN SUDDEN DEATH.

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Once a match been played the result will stand so it’s up to all players to check the opponents tier before start of play,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

if both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp.

Players please when posting results, I would like group number, teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first and they will contact the other captain, I don’t really want to be involved unless I have to.

CTTH HOLES

5th

2nd shot on the green

8th

11th

13th

2nd shot on the green

17th

2nd shot on the green

For the last time this year

Have fun all and play well just enjoy the experience I am

finny

ps dot will be along tomorrow to post all matchups

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 2:42 PM

Well done Finny and Dot for steering this one through to the end stage. It's been another cracking event and this remains the best tournament on WGT. Kudos gents and especially to Finny for having the vision and fortitude to start it and keep it coming back each year.

Good luck to one and all in the finals!

Nigel.

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 3:51 PM

Yiannis1970:

It's the final countdown!!!

Normally i would have put the official clip, but this is better!! The best athletic moment in Greek sport history!!

:)

As a 12 year old (at the time) citizen of former Yugoslavia and a huge basketball fan I remember that well, especially the semis. They say revenge is a dish best served cold... ;-))))))))))

P. S. : I did however cheer for your team in the finals and was really happy, when they won. 

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 7:59 PM

PAULFINN52:

finny

ps dot will be along tomorrow to post all matchups

erhmmm still waiting on the ThunderChickens line up, the other 3 are in, when will you be posting it finny?

Cheers,

Dotty

• Yiannis1970
    3,271 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 11:52 PM

AnaNikolaj:

As a 12 year old (at the time) citizen of former Yugoslavia and a huge basketball fan I remember that well, especially the semis. They say revenge is a dish best served cold... ;-))))))))))

P. S. : I did however cheer for your team in the finals and was really happy, when they won. 

The ''revenge'' came 2 years after...:)

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 1:43 AM

For the last time,

Captains, Players, your match ups are posted! Enjoy the round and above all, have fun!

Woo HOO!

Cheers all,

Dotty

• jason01291
    416 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 2:40 AM

Goodluck SEL Thunderchikens and TCC Bandits

Hope u all stream and play matches when carlos and KP are awake 🤭

And Goodluck Cosa Nostra and Golfos too

Being our First World Cup (TPB), We had fun and much looking forward to for next year 👍

Grt idea and job well done to all the organisers part of it

• FarFoo
    2,916 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 4:58 AM

Been a great tournament again, big thanks to organisers.

Should be 2 great finals, good luck to all players

G

• ECC370
    108 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 7:20 AM

GL to all in the finals!

Big thanks to Dotty & Finny for putting up with us throughout this event!

More and more mobile players are converting to PC and loving the H2H formats, I know that all 3 teams here at TPB had a great time in our first appearance!

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 10:13 AM

Dotty's Picks woo hoo...

Just for a bit of fun, I'm going to pick the games..... lets see how I do.... cheers all

Lets start with the Cup:

Chickens against the Bandits,

The Bandits, been there and were the bridesmaids last year... They, as always, total class with players that have made a name for themselves, some greats of the game. The Chickens better be ready for battle. 

The Chickens coming off an epic battle with Cobra Kai and earning their first appearance in the final have fought hard to get there. Some very impressive players that have game.

They are sitting two of the top players in WGT with 1irony (Darren) and LeHew (Jake), surprising, I'm sure they are hoping it doesn't come back to bite them in the butt.

Good luck to both teams, the battle between SEL and TCC go back many a year.

Winners are in bold

odl75 v Nicozandberg  

kelsp v Stuman66 50-50

frenchconnect v onekeano

IRISHKING1916 v AnaNikolaj  50-50

Tgkomv v forrrrrrrr

Mercury1969 v mystry78

Yiannis1970 v DoubleEagleRob  50-50

FarFoo v SHALEO83

ordinal v PAULFINN52

I will predict the Plate a little bit later, after my Andyson game

RSS