Mon, Jun 21 2021 5:51 PM (61 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2021 3:13 PM

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2021 3:40 PM

ranjet:

Irrelevant to this thread but the word Glitch has reminded me..

Once upon a time a new member joined my club..bragging of his club clash loyalty to hammer out round after round even tho he had just joined the club..long story short he lasted 2 hours of match 1 mouthed us off before his departure but during that time another member was able to purchase a full set of Nike clubs after viewing the guys inventory.the Nike range had been removed from the pro shop long before this date and it was also around the time that Nike covert driver was up for purchase/glitch/free

Not to mention any names but I do know it was possible for anyone to glitch/obtain numerous free covert drivers then resell a vast amount building credits which then were used to purchase the ridiculously high priced and overrated golden max putter.....  

No Nike drivers were free. The glitch was allowing people to purchase them via another player's equipment (when the brand was no longer on sale in the pro shop), but they had to pay the same amount of credits as the club cost at the time it was still in the pro shop. I'm sure whoever said it got the driver for free, was either oblivious to his credit count or pulling your leg.

That glitch allowed me to buy the R1 black driver, long gone from the Pro shop by that time. I can assure you it wasn't free. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2021 6:22 PM

AnaNikolaj:

No Nike drivers were free. The glitch was allowing people to purchase them via another player's equipment (when the brand was no longer on sale in the pro shop), but they had to pay the same amount of credits as the club cost at the time it was still in the pro shop. I'm sure whoever said it got the driver for free, was either oblivious to his credit count or pulling your leg.

That glitch allowed me to buy the R1 black driver, long gone from the Pro shop by that time. I can assure you it wasn't free. 

I was a bit puzzled when I first read ranjet's posting. (And also thinking "Gosh! I wish I knew!!" 😁) Thanks for clarifying it, Nikolaj.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2021 6:57 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    No Nike drivers were free. 

Actually, there was at least one. So his story may have more value than you think. 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2021 1:56 AM

el3n1:

AnaNikolaj:
    No Nike drivers were free. 

Actually, there was at least one. So his story may have more value than you think. 

I concede the fact I may be less well informed than I think. But I find it really strange something like this could stay such a secret for so long. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2021 2:47 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    I concede the fact I may be less well informed than I think. But I find it really strange something like this could stay such a secret for so long. 

+1 to both sentences :-)

If I understand what was said then basically anyone could get as many credits as they wanted, free.  There is no way this would have remained a secret and the game would be bankrupt.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2021 2:53 AM

ranjet:

Once upon a time a new member joined my club..bragging of his club clash loyalty to hammer out round after round even tho he had just joined the club..long story short he lasted 2 hours of match 1 mouthed us off before his departure but during that time another member was able to purchase a full set of Nike clubs after viewing the guys inventory.the Nike range had been removed from the pro shop long before this date and it was also around the time that Nike covert driver was up for purchase/glitch/free

Not to mention any names but I do know it was possible for anyone to glitch/obtain numerous free covert drivers then resell a vast amount building credits which then were used to purchase the ridiculously high priced and overrated golden max putter.....  

What other CC's had this person been in?  Massive clasher has golden putter where is it likely to have come from, a glitch that remained a secret for years or the clash?

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2021 8:16 AM

AnaNikolaj:

If people know about it, then it was not really a secret.  We just had not read or heard about it, yet.  Now, if those same people - told one another - don't tell XXXXX, then it was being kept a secret from XXXXX. 

I still stumble across stuff in the forum that I never knew or saw before because there is literally so much out there.   But if I do have a question, I tend to ask someone that has been around much longer than myself - but it is possible it escaped them too.  Sometimes it can depend on what circles you are in.

--also - some threads or post get deleted or removed by WGT or by the OP themselves.  I know for a fact, some things I have read can no longer be found by the search function.  But there are some people who have seen and read the same things I read that were later "cleaned out". 

-- no sooner than I wrote this, I believe this has happened again as I no longer see a thread that existed yesterday and I am really not sure what was wrong or offensive in that thread. 

• LuckyTaurus
    2,633 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2021 9:39 AM

back to the friend availability issues

My club members are playing less an less because they cannot see who is available and after trying to get a game going  inviting person after person with either playing or the dreaded no response because the invite didnt stay up long enough to decline or they didnt see it  so getting no response ,, it took me 3 times last nite,, taking 35 minutes of waiting to play and twice the game crashed on the second hole so we had to start all over

If you cannot fix this maybe you could give us back our WGT friends list from before so at least we could see if they are here ,,, back then we could set our own status of busy or avail

• ranjet
    2,260 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2021 10:32 AM

The covert Nike driver low level 48 I think. black/red..free somehow..due to a glitch on mobile/tablet only.!!   Obtain 100's sell and buy whatever.. Golden stick..activity was visible on there profile page on flash..i guess mobile activity is why many missed it..    im not a grass it was brief and wgts cockup   

.so  Not the vapor range/blue/green.. The fly/vapor range was same price in this brief glitch 2-3 days only..so not available in the pro shop at the time. . .a friends curiosity of this new member bragging of his clash effort/points for the club. .inventory purchase was possible on mobile only... I'm gutted I missed out to on the vapor range.      I played flash til the end so it passed me. All the extras....but some lucky souls cashed in...all history now..

RSS