Forums

Help › Forums

ROOKIE SECTION OF SHOWDOWN

Sat, Jan 9 2021 4:54 AM (28 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 3:03 PM

MarchieB:
    The NAMES of the showdown groups (Rookie / Veteran / Expert) was a serious mistake by WGT. 

Couldn't agree with you more.  Should be Low Stakes, Middle Stakes, and High Stakes.

And, FWIW, I am a TC playing “low stakes.” Coming from 10 years of Flash play, I am level 145.  But I bet I have LOTS fewer levels on mobile than the level 90 TM’s and Legends I square off against who have played a year or two, but all on mobile. . . and I  lose to them at least half the time.

I generally place around 25th in the few showdowns I’ve been in, not harming anyone.

• akk447
    377 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:15 PM

Same GD thing what a FJOKE this SUCKS BIG TIME

6 years of loyalty, questioning that right now?????????

• akk447
    377 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:15 PM

Same GD thing what a FJOKE this SUCKS BIG TIME

6 years of loyalty, questioning that right now?????????

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 9:39 PM

dgm123:

Playing "Countdown Showdown" and opponent forfeited, leaving me high and dry.

That video shows you running out of time and being disqualified , nothing to do with your opponent. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 7:40 AM

dgm123:

Playing "Countdown Showdown" and opponent forfeited, leaving me high and dry.

why didn't you putt the ball in? if they quit you can keep playing.

you just stood there.

• dgm123
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 8:33 AM

bossbird:
    That video shows you running out of time and being disqualified , nothing to do with your opponent. 

I just sank a putt for eagle on that hole. I am finished that hole. My opponent forfeited and  I should be on the next tee. I am stuck there, that is why time ran out.

• dgm123
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 8:42 AM

Mythanatos:
    you just stood there.

Yes I just stood there because I couldn't do anything else. The ball was already in the hole. I was stuck like that. I am standing with driver because I should have been on the next tee. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 4:01 PM

next time. if it hangs up like that. hard close the app. don't log out. hard close it.

then open the app back up.

watching a clock time out is bad.

best case scenario you are able to finish.

worst case the game treats it as if you didn't play those three holes and you will have to do that set again.

• Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 3:12 AM

bossbird:

I don’t have an issue with tour champs in rookie league  I see why they would , ie maybe not used to coin rooms , don’t want to gamble coins etc. My issue is with a hack who has been playing 2 days scoring -6 on nine holes. 
    there are also problems with scoring and being awarded bogeys when opponents forfeit and being scored bogeys when those holes haven’t even been played. These are all reasons why higher tiered players wouldn’t want to spend the higher entry fees, for the higher level matches . These are problems that have existed since the start and players are losing confidence in the showdowns as a result. 
    Also , I didn’t realise opening a new account as opposed to having a second account was only discouraged and not against the rules. That must be why there are so many.

I think hacks have gimmes of 10 feet(I may be mistaken but I think I read that somewhere), which could explain their -6 along with very short tees. I have seen a few too that buy the Titleist pack and off the short tees can score very low. But I am not discounting your restarter theory, seems to be a lot of very good pros snd tp’s playing these days.

• Qdrive27
    13 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 5:48 AM

Sorry a bit off topic but still about showdowns

I am trying to understand how the tie breakers work in the showdown.

number 2 tie-breaker says "score of final showdown game"

which of the following is it as the use of the word game does not correspond with any other language used in describing the rounds or sets of holes as people play the showdown and should be more clear.

1. final showdown game is the last set of 3 holes played in the final round of the showdown

or 

2. the score of the entire final round of the showdown

Thanks!

RSS