Forums

Help › Forums

ROOKIE SECTION OF SHOWDOWN

Sat, Jan 9 2021 4:54 AM (28 replies)
  • AKQJTs
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 9:26 AM

How does WGT decide who qualifies as a ROOKIE?  3 of top 5 leaders in Rookie section are LEGEND and 2 are Tour Masters.

Is it based on the number of times a player has registered for a particular type of tournament? 

Maybe tournament classes could/should be based on player classification - eg - Pro or lower; Tour Master or lower; tour Legend or lower; etc.

Just a thought about equalizing the playing field.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 9:33 AM

The NAMES of the showdown groups (Rookie / Veteran / Expert) was a serious mistake by WGT. 
    Anyone, of any tier can enter each group. The real difference between the groups is the amount of $$$ (credits / coins) you are willing to wager as a entry fee and in each match.

Unfortunately that means that there will be highly skilled (Legend and up) players in the rookie group. And while there are many who say they shouldn’t be in there ... they are not breaking any rules and are playing totally within the parameters that WGT has setup.

The REAL solution would be fro WGT to turn these Showdowns into tiered groups so that players are only grouped with similarly skilled players. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 9:47 AM

In addition to the above comments , in my league there is a player , a hack , been playing since 29 December 20 , who is 2nd on -6 . On 9 holes ! So if WGT were to look at showdown rules perhaps they could look at the issue of second account holders or restarts. 

• jacktrade51
    10,900 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 10:26 PM

bossbird:
    In addition to the above comments , in my league there is a player , a hack , been playing since 29 December 20 , who is 2nd on -6 . On 9 holes ! So if WGT were to look at showdown rules perhaps they could look at the issue of second account holders or restarts.

2 comments here:

1. Frankly even as a legit TC, I am not a big gambler.  So entered my 1st ever showdown this week in the middle group.  I did not have 1000 credits to go to top line, so I spent the $1.

2,  As has been pointed out many times, re-starting is legal if discouraged.  2 accounts is illegal.  I have never re-started ... sticking on my original account.

Tom.

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 11:27 AM

I just wonder same situation, and looks like WGT dont bother to fix it!!

And I just quit that tournament, settings was real strange and I cant get any good vibes to play it anymore...it was my last also. Thats true :/ I try to be polite now...

You stand on tee...look theres a sidewind...shot and miracle has happen...wind just straight from back...you can guess where my ball landed...deep rough...WTF WGT???

• shelbyblue61
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 1:30 PM

I couldn’t agree more, the current leader of today’s rookie showdown is a tour champion. WTF%????? Are you kidding me. Where is the fairness WGT. If a less skilled wanted to compete with the big boys ie. Veteran & Expert that’s on them, but when you have damn near pros cleaning up in rookie showdowns that’s a chicken s$it move in my opinion.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 8:50 AM

I don’t have an issue with tour champs in rookie league  I see why they would , ie maybe not used to coin rooms , don’t want to gamble coins etc. My issue is with a hack who has been playing 2 days scoring -6 on nine holes. 
    there are also problems with scoring and being awarded bogeys when opponents forfeit and being scored bogeys when those holes haven’t even been played. These are all reasons why higher tiered players wouldn’t want to spend the higher entry fees, for the higher level matches . These are problems that have existed since the start and players are losing confidence in the showdowns as a result. 
    Also , I didn’t realise opening a new account as opposed to having a second account was only discouraged and not against the rules. That must be why there are so many.

• StickemStino
    122 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 1:34 PM

I can attest to that forfeit issue. Playing in the elimination Round of showdown holes10-12 i birded 10 pared 11 then my opponent forfeited. I was awarded bogey on all 3 holes pretty frustrating.

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 11:27 AM

I think that was my last Showdown Tournament...I dont have humor any more to play with legends and tour champions at same prizes...sorry :/ 

• dgm123
    8 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 12:15 PM

Playing "Countdown Showdown" and opponent forfeited, leaving me high and dry.

RSS