Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • mingos01
    3,388 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 1:44 AM

My last round of GROUNDHOG  DAY....AGAIN, it was Erin Hills WK9 18 holes single

Not Sad...not Happy....Not Bogeys, and birdies on #9-#12-#17, that is 69 for me...Not Happy ...Not Sad.

69 MY SCORECARD

It was a nice Tournament....we ll see next March Tournament.

Tks Brett

Luis

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 5:56 AM

And we are back to Erin Hills for the final round!

Leaderboard is updated on page 1

We go into the final round with 8 players double digits below par. Are they going to be able to hold on to their Top 10 positions? Who is going to come out on top? With the Top 3 players all within ".65" of each other, this should be a fantastic finish!

Player Total
    Gepetto1958 -19
    Gogsy1979 -19
    JBIII9 -19
    Jmugsy1 -16
    paulgreen79 -15
    beerstine -15
    AlaskanDame -12
    KillzOnHorseback -10

As soon as this round is complete, I will post a starting leaderboard with new handicaps for the Winter's End Classic which starts next Monday (March 1st)

Go low & have fun!

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 7:13 AM

My final round could best be described as "Boring". I just couldn't seem to score (typical when out with Erin). The only highlight was making birds on all the par 3s. The low point came on 14 & 15. With a wedge in my hand on both those holes, I somehow managed to leave the ball in bad spots and then go on to miss a 4' putt on both of them. For me, those are the most difficult bird holes in the game. By that, I mean they should both be birds, yet I seem to mess at least one of them up every time. This time I was able to mess them both up. 🤬🤬

So a round of 62 for me, leaving me at even par for the tournament. As I said, boring.

• Slimjim001
    1,025 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 7:48 AM

Week 9   My motto is "For me, playing a good game is not so much about how many good shots I make but its more about how many bad shot I don't make". I didn't make any bad shots but I did make several poor putts because I under powered them. Being too timid is for sissies. Oh, the shame. I shot a 66.

• AlaskanDame
    19,006 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 8:51 AM

How can it be Erin again so soon!?  Pat and Mike aren’t available to caddy until after the March rush, and I don’t have enough gold left to pay off The Little People again.  This could be grim, and here was meself hoping to stay in the top 10.   Sigh. . , 

Well, we’ll see.

• sparty979
    66 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 9:13 AM

Week 9 - 65.

• JBIII9
    299 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 10:05 AM

Well back to back disappointing weeks for me.

Started week 9 at Erin Hills with a double bogeys on a par 5.  Second shot into the tall fescue and proceeded to put the next two right back in the tall fescue and I wasn't even trying to get cute, I was just trying to get it out.

I proceed to trade birdies with bogeys the rest of the round and finished with a 2 over par 74.  Even with my handicap, this is probably not going to be enough for me to stay atop the leaderboard.

• paulgreen79
    389 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 12:01 PM

JBIII9:

A 2 over par 74.  Even with my handicap, this is probably not going to be enough for me to stay atop the leaderboard.

To me, that puts you in the clubhouse as leader on -24?

• JBIII9
    299 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 12:35 PM

True....sounds much better the way you put it.

Just expecting some low rounds coming from others at the top.

GLTA

• paulgreen79
    389 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2021 12:38 PM

JBIII9:

Even with my handicap, this is probably not going to be enough for me to stay atop the leaderboard.

What a horrible time to trade birdies for bogeys, especially knowing that I needed a -5 final round to be in with a chance of finishing in the top 3. I just couldn’t get my scoring going, and ended up shooting 70 (-2) making a handicap score of 69 (-3). If my terrible maths are correct, that puts me at -18 and second behind JBIII9 in the clubhouse

RSS