Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2021 7:49 PM

64 for me at Merion.

I went out with the game plan of avoiding bogeys or worse on the holes I knew were hardest for me, so as to make any birdies count, not expecting any birdies really, but hey, a dame can always hope . . . 

Well, I had at least 1/2 dozen 62-yard punch shots that were almost holeouts.  So those became easy birdies, even for my putter.  Plus a couple more birdies from farther away.

The game plan worked, except for the double on #15, though I thought I was playing that one safe, too.  Oh well.

GLTA

• kasia1967
    1,318 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2021 3:58 AM

kasia

Wk 47 18-hole Single Play

kasia shoots 69  not one of my favourite courses ,, hope for better to come in the last 2 rounds ,good luck everyone and thank you again allowing me this amazing tour

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2021 4:30 AM

Don't even want to discuss this weeks round at the place with the crazy greens.

With the way I putted I seriously need to be promoted back to hack.

• freddydivit
    389 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2021 4:36 PM

Week 47 at Merion GC -- Score: 75 (+5)

Terrible round on what I think are the least predictable, least fairly programmed greens on any WGT course.  Way too fast downhill, way too slow uphill.  And the breaks that affect every putt over 1 foot away are just silly.  Even the smallest bit of consistency from hole to hole would be appreciated but not here.

But, I did what I could do and have had such fun on this Tour. Cheering on those of you competing for the championship and wishing everyone luck and fun! And, thanks Brett for recapping the season's winners; it reminds me that I actually played better once upon a time and I'm happy to have nabbed a couple trophies this year!

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2021 10:42 AM

Ok I had a big time brain fart playing this week. I have started mapping the courses here on WGT seeing what will work and what won't work and keeping notes and I didn't realize Merion was the course for this weeks tournament. Stupid me LOL. I did try some things that I wouldn't normally try during a meaningful tournament.  In the end I shot  lousy 67. My bad. 

Cheers

• beerstine
    668 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2021 8:48 PM

I stuck several approaches close, made a few birdies, then managed to squander every one of them and then some.  I lost track of the number of lipouts shooting balls way down hill or into a steep side break.  A pathetic 72. 

• JBIII9
    299 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2021 5:25 AM

Very disappointing 71 for me this week.  All I can say is that I really thought I was playing well, but when when two of of my 4 foot putts for par turn into double bogey I think that gives you a sense of what went wrong.

• diehard4793
    527 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2021 6:41 AM

A bad week for me couldnt get anything going right    81 at Merion for me this week.

I want to say Thank You Bret for putting this on i enjoy playing weekly and look forward to it every week.  I hope that you continue it next year and if so I would like to be included in it.

I can not  imagine the amount of time that you put into this tournament every week posting all the scores and keeping track of it all, not to mention the cost of gifting all the balls and additional credits at the end as well.   A very generous man donating all the time and gifts.  

Thank You Bret 

• TomCarioca
    288 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2021 10:54 AM

60 for me.

Bit weird a round with bogeys on #3 and #4 where some WGT voodoo completely screwed my distances, just to end up in bunker and fescue...

A 27 B9 made up for it tho.

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2021 9:06 PM

Ahhhh Merion, wonderful, challenging, maddening Merion! The round was better than the score. Out in 32 then birdie 10, 11 and 12. Looking good. Then tripped on 15 when a steep sidehill tap in being rammed spun off the lip. Fell down the steps on 17 and 18 adding two more bogies. Choke city.

Wk 47 18 HSP Merion - 66

See you next week.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

RSS