Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • EricW55
    36 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 8:47 PM

Wk 2 Chambers Bay.  A rollercoaster 64.  Couldn't buy a putt on the front nine or for that matter a lot of greens in reg.  But a solid back and 3 (read three) chip ins helped.  Short game saved me.

• Jag001
    1,453 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 3:15 AM

Cas57:

a WTF round for me, 67.

-2 on the par 3's, -1 on the par 4's and -1 on the par 5's.  Missed 5 putts for bird between 4' and 6'.

Oh well, onward and upward! or downward, I'm just here for the beer....there is beer, isn't there?

If your buying I am drinking!!! :)

Jeff

• Jag001
    1,453 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 3:19 AM

BPeterson8256:

Kingtuk:

Happy New Year all,

I would like to be entered in this one as well.

Thanks, Claude

Glad you found this, Claude.

REMINDER & NOTES

We have 47 players signed up so far! The original post was just updated, and I also edited it to reflect that the Tour will allow up to 70 players in addition to Simpatico Springs members. So there is plenty of room if you have friends wanting to join. if we hit the cap of 70, there will be a wait list. 

Today is the last day to play the WK 1 18-HOLE SINGLE PLAY tournament if you would like me to use it as part of your handicap. Be sure to post your score here if you play it.

Jag001:

Brett,

2.21 Gigawatts, what was I thinking!!!!!! 

always happy to help mate.

Jeff

Shout out to Google for helping me with this archaic reference. 😂🤣

an oldie but a goodie! a little like me !

Jeff

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 3:48 AM

TomCarioca:

AlaskanDame:

Will you be applying the fluctuating handicap for these people retroactively to the first rounds, or just prospectively?

Like the idea to apply the 4 rounds handicaps retroactively (!) :)

The simple answer is this... sort of 😂

Until you have 4 qualifying scores, your net score for each round will be "70"

As soon as you have 4 qualifying scores, all future rounds will use your handicap

This was the most fair way I could come up with to let players start right away without an established handicap. Please  do not use this information to manipulate handicaps. Play your best in every round.

• paulgreen79
    389 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:27 AM

BPeterson8256:

Please  do not use this information to manipulate handicaps. Play your best in every round.

I’d love to be able to say that my 2 rounds of 72 and 77 were an attempt of manipulating my handicap, but it wasn’t! It was my awful golfing that caused it!🤬

Paul

• PlentyOToole
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:36 AM

Hello Brett . If there are any open slots left please sign me up. Thanks, POT

• 100plus
    801 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 5:07 AM

I will play if room Brett ty Trev

• HB1717
    303 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 5:16 AM

I'd like to play if a spot is available.    Thanks

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 5:24 AM

I'd like to join in.  Thank you much.

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 5:27 AM

I just sent you a reply to join in.  Due to WGT's moderation of my account (i'm seeking assistance on that now) you may not get the message until Jan-6th.  

RSS