Forums

Help › Forums

S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,909 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 8:54 AM

63 for me today. For the first 15 holes I played what I hope will be my worse golf of all 2021. I would tell all about it if not for fear of ending up on moderation. Suffice it to say, my playing those first 15 holes at Chambers Bay was tromping through a mine field...there were "F" bombs everywhere. I did have a fantastic finish, playing the last 3 holes at 4 under without making any great shots, but it was far too little and far too late. I have a firm grasp on last place in the tournament at 5 over, awaiting someone to come along and relinquish me of this honor. 

Brett

• RANGER1988
    1,059 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 9:19 AM

Not for long Brett, I'll trade you position's, lol

Tough go out there, didn't have the Dinger working from the beginning, the Locker Room Security Guard mentioned that he had saw Mikee messing about in there?

So anyway it's a -1 (71)

Cheers

• Gepetto1958
    4,229 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 9:24 AM

A poor 67 on the course I hate the most; Chambers, week2. I hate those par3's ;-)

J-P

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 10:03 AM

Hi Brett, Is there still time for me to enter this please?

I am at Legend tier with an Average of 61.51.

Garry.

• BPeterson8256
    2,909 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 10:33 AM

GARRYCARTER:

Hi Brett, Is there still time for me to enter this please?

I am at Legend tier with an Average of 61.51.

Garry.

Yes there is! Welcome to the Tour. Be sure to play your opening round, WK 2 18-HOLE SINGLE PLAY and post your score here.

That makes 50! I am opening 20 more spots, but players must sign up and play their opening round before the opening round ends next Sunday.

• reggie7900
    912 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 11:28 AM

68 for me Brett would have been 67 but bogied the 17th and only managed par on 18 not my best course winds are always harsh but could have been worse challenging but enjoyed it thanks. 

Kevin. 

• paulgreen79
    389 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 12:37 PM

That disgusting moment when 4 holes into the Wk2 tournament you run out of balls and have to shoot the remaining 14 holes with starter balls off black tees🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Ended up shooting a terrible 77

Paul

• AlaskanDame
    19,024 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 12:52 PM

BPeterson8256:
    This first tournament will be a little strange due to so many having fluctuating handicaps until they reach the minimum of 4 scores.
    Will you be applying the fluctuating handicap for these people retroactively to the first rounds, or just prospectively?

• TomCarioca
    288 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 1:01 PM

AlaskanDame:

Will you be applying the fluctuating handicap for these people retroactively to the first rounds, or just prospectively?

Like the idea to apply the 4 rounds handicaps retroactively (!) :)

• BPeterson8256
    2,909 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 1:30 PM

AlaskanDame:

As soon as you have 4 qualifying scores in, your handicap will lock for the remainder of the tournament, and will be used for any scores posted after that. Prior to those 4 scores, the fluctuation will mean that your score will be "70" for those rounds. This was the fairest way I could think of to be able to let people play before they have an established handicap. I ask that nobody abuses the system with this information. This also means that we have four participants with predetermined scores for this tournament. They will finish at -4. 

It will be interesting to see the ramifications of this "cold" start to this tournament, but I am confident things will really even out going forward.

RSS