Help › Forums

Tap n Sink

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 10 2011 6:19 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 3:59 AM

I know we have cabinet  makers on the site, and statisticians, tekaloid technicians, projectile delivery facilitators, persons who lack youth and lots of other things too. What I need to know, do we have any sink makers, particularly those involved in the research and development of sinks, and the ergonomacy of such items?

You see, whilst voiding my vacuum coffee machine percolation vessel into my own sink, I was struck by the nature of such things. Now whilst I admit to enjoying the planning and execution stages of the clean up operation, in much the same way as I did outside the front door with red ants and black ants along the lines created by the cement between our crazy paved porch area, where I would direct each respective ant army along certain lines that were sure to lead to conflict, I mean who wouldn't enjoy that, and the similarities between that and coffee grinds in the sink, I still do sometimes think that our sinks are not quite as efficient as we might suppose.

Imagine the scene if you will. You turn on your tap, and place under it your coffee percolation vessel. Water from the tap enters the chamber and begins to agitate the ground bean lees. You then upend the half filled vessel (You can fill it more, or less than half, that's free choice, but I prefer half because that's an even number) and so anyway the beans that used to be, spill out into the sink floor. No matter whether you still do have the tap running or no, but then, jigger me sideways, those pesky wet grinds do spread all over the sink floor in a completely random and uncontrolled manner. Yes ok, some do go down the drain, but too many for my liking will spread themselves into every far corner of the sink, making the execution and clean up operation altogether more fretful and cositaneous. You all are knowing what I mean.

Now to me this is vexatious in the extreme, and is one of the things that rank high upon my "Garrrr" factor chart, which as most people know, is the chart by which we gauge the things in life which drive us to go "Garrr", sometimes accompanied by raising ones T shirt back over ones head and having a quick run around the vicinity, arms stretched out at both sides. A Good Garrr run can include aeroplane noises, I suggest perhaps a  Spitfire, or a Hurricane, reserving Stuka Bombers for special occasions.

So my point is, and deftly arrived at I might boast, is why on earth do sink makers insist on putting the tap where it is least effective? Surely one would think a tap farthest from the drain orifice would be more efficient? Either that or making the drain hole be at the end opposite the tap.

Also, if I didn't already ask, does anybody know what a sink maker is called?

Lizzie xx

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 4:16 AM

LizzieRossetti:
    what a sink maker is called

A good one is called a sink-king, a bad one has one k.

Put the grinds in the bin, because they kill fish.

Do not, under any circumstances, imitate a zeppelin.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 4:24 AM

Omigosh I am Sooo lucky! Two days ago I had all the circumstances cleared from the house so now I can have no fear whatever of imitating anywhere!

I also am lucky, and the fish too as it transpires, in that my drain runs to a sink away which Lambert skims daily. I mean how else will he and the others enjoy the best of coffees?

I remember we bought a sofa from a Mr. King. It was a good deal, as he promised.

Lizzie xx

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 4:37 AM

LizzieRossetti:

we bought a sofa from a Mr. King. It was a good deal, as he promised.

Lizzie xx

I could reply "Sofa King what?" But some people might take offence so I won't. :-)

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 4:39 AM

LizzieRossetti:
    all the circumstances cleared

LizzieRossetti:
    drain runs to a sink away which Lambert skims daily

LizzieRossetti:
    we bought a sofa from a Mr. King

Happy days indeed!

Then it's back to the whyfors of inconvenient tap placement - sorry, not a clue. Perhaps try wikileaks.

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 4:39 AM

:)

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 4:48 AM

Look, as a stop gap measure - and I know this can't be forever - why not keep the coffee grinds with the loose change, car keys and parking tickets down the back of the the sofa? If the vendor is Sofa-King good, there should be plenty of room.

• craigswan
    31,028 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 5:01 AM

Hey lizzie ,

Did you know water goes down the sink anti-clockwise in australia .I think they also stand on their heads a lot .

• flaccus
    516 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 5:19 AM

(-:

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 5:22 AM

craigswan:

Hey lizzie ,

.I think they also stand on their heads a lot .

This is what my rugby friends tell me. In my opinion, thats just not cricket

Lizzie xx

Wiki leaks. Awesome |:-)

• PAGES
RSS