Forums

Help › Forums

Launcher for Microsft 10 PC

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 1 2024 1:16 PM (6 replies)
  • retchiefme
    301 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2020 2:35 PM

I downloaded Launcher at least 6 months ago and everything was fine until Microsoft installed an update and I lost access to launcher. I have tried to work With WGT and have gotten absolutely no help. I have gone as far as reformatting my PC, Restored my PC to earlier version and nothing works. I can reinstall Launcher on my PC but everything is so jerky it is impossible to play. My question is this. Is the thousands of dollars I have invested in this game gone when Flash is no longer an option? What recourse do I have to continue with WGT on my computer? I do not wish to play on my Android. It would be nice to get a human response with legitimate answers.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2020 3:18 PM

U were using the steam pcea or the standalone version pcea? 

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2020 3:29 PM

When all else fails try playing the game through steam . I have windows 10 and the game plays fine for me after the update . So  not sure what else to tell you except to try reinstalling the app again . Not sure what you did when you reformatted your computer so you may need to go back and undo something . 

Sorry to say that yes if you cant get the game to play you will be out of your investments . Unless you either fix your current pc or buy a new one . 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2020 3:42 PM

retchiefme:

I downloaded Launcher at least 6 months ago and everything was fine until Microsoft installed an update and I lost access to launcher. I have tried to work With WGT and have gotten absolutely no help. I have gone as far as reformatting my PC, Restored my PC to earlier version and nothing works. I can reinstall Launcher on my PC but everything is so jerky it is impossible to play. My question is this. Is the thousands of dollars I have invested in this game gone when Flash is no longer an option? What recourse do I have to continue with WGT on my computer? I do not wish to play on my Android. It would be nice to get a human response with legitimate answers.

As Lonnie said, use steam. You will have to download the steam first(Top in Green) and then make an account. From there you can get the WGT App.

Steam/WGT

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2020 6:26 PM

retchiefme:

My question is this. Is the thousands of dollars I have invested in this game gone when Flash is no longer an option?

What recourse do I have to continue with WGT on my computer? I do not wish to play on my Android. It would be nice to get a human response with legitimate answers.

I went through pretty much the same thing since about mid Nov when there was a WGT update.  I played the PC version for about a year with not many issues and then I couldn't.

I have a long list of what I did and what I had done to my computer to get WGT to run and can say, it was nothing on my end. Downloading Steam then re-installing the app did nothing for me except add more frustration.

Given that, here are some things you can check and/or do.

run an internet speed test on your computer just to make sure there's not an issue with your connection, here's a link to a site - https://www.speedtest.net/

Uninstall the App and then Search your computer for wgt and topgolf files and delete them

Clear your browser and Flash caches - here's a link for instructions on how to do them both, pretty much ignore everything until you get to If you experience an error message when loading the game - https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

Once you clear the caches, reinstall the app and give it a try, hopefully that will do the trick.

If not, find Launcher in your Program Files and then find the Golf.exe file and click on it.  Doing so bypasses the Launcher and will load the game faster.  It's the way I access the game now with much better results, I just put a shortcut on my desktop for it.  Hopefully it works for you!

Note: Do Not move the golf.exe file out of it's folder on purpose on by mistake.  If you do, the app will not work at all due to it not being able to find it.  No need to ask me how I know  :-p

After spending a lot of time, and money, trying to get WGT to work, I sent Member Services a detailed list of what myself and others did.  I got a standard form letter back saying to try things I already had on the list.  I responded with please read the list of what was done on my end before sending the standard response.  I guess they did read and although I haven't received a response, the PC version started running near perfect again.

I think what they did was reroute the connection in my area to a different hub that is less used than the one I was previously hooked to. 

Good Luck!

• goldputter3
    89 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2020 10:56 AM

Thank you 4 the help...

• Rohaley
    35 Posts
    Thu, Feb 1 2024 1:16 PM

it will never happen with these topgolf idiots

RSS