Forums

Help › Forums

Players disconnecting

Sun, Nov 29 2009 1:30 PM (49 replies)
  • AdamTurner
    103 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2009 8:06 PM

My thoughts are these...

First, there is no fair or logical way to do this period. If, and that's a big IF, there is a change, it will be a result from the words of the person with the most teeth.

Second, there is no way for WGT to pull from past records on disconnects because there aren't any. They would have to use a forward-only approach.

Tertiary, I would rather have a game admin function that I could boot someone out of my game if they're lagging the other 3 players so everyone doesn't have to wait for that person to figure out they're going to time out. Much more reasonable. Then how would you rate them with your disconnect stats? Are you starting to see my point?

I'm sure there are plenty of other good ideas out there and in fruition that will interfere with or overlap a disconnect ratio.

Just my thoughts,

Adam

• bfrogers60
    122 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2009 8:52 PM

I am finding that if a player disconnects and they are the next to shoot, the entire game is frozen and the remaining players also have to then discontinue the game unless they want to finish it as a solo game.

Or, if we wait  90 seconds longer, will the person who disconnected be dropped so the remainder can continue? 

• hack507
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 1:14 AM

I'm sick and tired of the sore losers out there who leave when they hit a few bad shots.  Simple solution: if a player disconnects and doesn't reconnect within three minutes, they forfeit the game.

• davida524
    5 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 4:33 AM
    The way the game is scored to your average, why stick around, its weighted to the higher side and your avergage goes mush higher..I can't blame someone for leaving until they fix the way they score...and the swing bar,,and the video drop out,,and the locking up,,,and the sound problems..and the countless other things that are wrong here that they blame on your hardware,,,internet connection...browser etc...just because they dont know how to fix it
  • naughty1
    104 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 6:32 AM

this thread is a joke

WGT HAS NO INTENTION OF DEALING WITH QUITTERS

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 9:56 AM

We will provide the information on who finishes rounds and who does not so that you can make a decision on who you play with.  We will look into the suggestion to review the definition of what is considered a "dropped" round, ie: if you are the last one left hanging in the group.  There will not be a single perfect solution and I am sure that whatever we implement will be a trial run and will be adjusted as necessary.

Again the philosophy is that if you start a multi-player game you should do everything you can to finish the round.  After all it is the polite thing to do.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 10:15 AM

I do not think tracking 'dropped' rounds should even be considered until wgt comes up with a way for player to reconnect in multiplayer stroke play rounds.

I play ladder matches, and now matchplay challenges exclusively, and I can't remember the last time anyone disconnected on me purposly.

• jimjam114
    68 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 10:47 PM

why stick around u say, because its the way u play its a game if winning is the only concern ur the problem everyones talking about its a game is being master teir realy that important its a worry id love to c u on the sideline of your childs sporting event i bet u embarace them

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 7:02 AM

WGTadmin2:
    There will not be a single perfect solution and I am sure that whatever we implement will be a trial run and will be adjusted as necessary

You are right, but match play has very few quitters, so perhaps if you would set up tracking of stroke players wins and losses, with stats showing % forfeit games by that player, you could eliminate most quitters.

Also Admin, could we have, prior to tee off, that players equipment that they are using. I understand you have a motive for selling equipment, but players would like to know how much upgraded equipment you are playing against. As of now, you find out only when you click the tee off

Thanks for getting this done quickly

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 9:50 AM

naughty - we will looking into showing you the equipment before you tee off.  This will of course cause more people to not start a game from the lobby, but it might decrease the number of quit rounds.

RSS