Forums

Help › Forums

Community Update October 2020

Sat, Nov 14 2020 8:53 AM (44 replies)
  • dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2020 8:46 AM

Cleworthy:

I wish that there be some thought given as to where you drop people when they are done playing a game.

Yep.....

UI/UX is the single most annoying part of the NV. One would hope that as they finish adding in all the various sections and navigation end points in game that whomever is in charge of this part of the development cycle gets a chance to polish it up, because in it's current state it really is pretty horrendous.

Other than that, I actually like it quite a bit now, since last playing way back.

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2020 6:27 PM

I'm a little confused on the apparel subject. In WGT legacy (or whatever you want to call it), we did not purchase apparel. We purchased avatars. So what is being brought over to PCEA - the apparel that goes with our purchased avatars or the actual avatars?

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2020 12:59 AM

Cleworthy:

I'm a little confused on the apparel subject. In WGT legacy (or whatever you want to call it), we did not purchase apparel. We purchased avatars. So what is being brought over to PCEA - the apparel that goes with our purchased avatars or the actual avatars?

It's the apparel that goes with our purchased avatars.  As they bring each avatar over, they are separating it out into its individual components (hat, shirt, pants, shoes) and offering each component for sale separately in the Pro Shop.  

If you purchased an avatar on Flash, you will (eventually) receive all 4 components of it for free on the PC app.

For example, I own the Vintage Plus Fours avatar on Flash.  On the PC app, that avatar has been separated into:

1. Vintage Brown Ivy Cap (200 credits)
    2. Vintage Plus Fours Shirt (200 credits)
    3. Vintage Brown Plus Fours (250 credits)
    4. Vintage Golf Shoes (150 credits)

I paid 400 credits for it on Flash.  On the PC app, buying the separates would cost me 800 credits.  I guess the kids in the sweatshops in Bangladesh are demanding more money now.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2020 4:09 AM

The sum of the parts is greater than the whole. Technique that has been used in sale for years. In this case WGT is simply removing the option to buy the whole.......(for now?).

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2020 4:35 AM

That clears it up. Thx.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2020 4:47 AM

SamSpayed:

If you purchased an avatar on Flash, you will (eventually) receive all 4 components of it for free on the PC app.

For example, I own the Vintage Plus Fours avatar on Flash.  On the PC app, that avatar has been separated into:

1. Vintage Brown Ivy Cap (200 credits)
    2. Vintage Plus Fours Shirt (200 credits)
    3. Vintage Brown Plus Fours (250 credits)
    4. Vintage Golf Shoes (150 credits)

I paid 400 credits for it on Flash.  On the PC app, buying the separates would cost me 800 credits.  I guess the kids in the sweatshops in Bangladesh are demanding more money now.

True about that but the Fans choice is actually 50 credits cheaper I believe, I think I paid 800 credits for it and the separate apparel is only 750 credits.

But one thing is that when we bought our avatars we bought only either the male or female avatar. With the apparel you get both male and female. So the cost would be the same.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2020 7:24 AM

All I want is the red shirt I've had since 2009. I keep not noticing when I'm up.  :-(

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2020 10:09 AM

When playing a solo game, are we going to be able to save the game in PCEA as we can in Flash? Also, I notice that when aiming the shot in PCEA, we do not get the aiming line on the hole map overlay as we do now in Flash. Please add that back in. It's really helpful on some holes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2020 1:21 PM

Cleworthy:
    are we going to be able to save the game in PCEA as we can in Flash?

Simply quitting the game by closing out the browser will return you to the game with an option to continue when you come back.

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2020 1:45 PM

YankeeJim:
    Simply quitting the game by closing out the browser will return you to the game with an option to continue when you come back.

I'm not sure that's accurate. It was true on Flash but I don't think it is the case on PCEA. If you click the option to end game, return to menu, it takes you out of the game. When you come back in, your game is gone. If you hit escape, it just takes you to the same option panel to end the game.

Caveat - I am playing in full screen mode, so there is no way to "close the browser". The Window mode is too small imo.

RSS