Forums

Help › Forums

Disable mouse scroll

Mon, Mar 20 2023 2:23 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PfightingPolish
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2020 12:00 AM

I wish there was an option to disable using the mouse scroll wheel to change clubs in-game. 

I saw another thread that said how to disable it on your computer, but the reason I end up switching clubs is because I like using the wheel to scroll through websites on a second screen while waiting for other slow players to do their thing. 

So I don't particularly want to disable it on my computer on the whole. I just want to disable it in game so I don't end up accidentally using my 5-iron off the tee on a par-5 because I was looking at one last thing on Facebook before I teed off and didn't remember which window I was in. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2020 3:51 PM

Agreed.  This is something that is sorely needed for those of us who never (intentionally) use the scroll wheel to change clubs.  I'm sure it would cut down on the complaints about shots and putts going the wrong distance as well.  (How many of those do you think are because somebody's finger accidentally brushed the scroll wheel right before they took their shot?)

• DakotaDog61
    115 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2020 7:01 AM

I hear you. I had a 146 yd shot to the green in an important game. I ended up hitting my PW, ffs. This is an issue that needs to be sorted.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2020 8:08 AM

DakotaDog61:

I hear you. I had a 146 yd shot to the green in an important game. I ended up hitting my PW, ffs. This is an issue that needs to be sorted.

It is not a WGT issue! Simply go to mouse settings in Windows and disable the scroll wheel.Or if you have a gaming mouse you should be able to disable the scroll wheel in the gaming mouse settings

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2020 10:05 AM

If you have AutoHotkey installed on your (Windows) computer, try THIS.

If you don't have AutoHotkey installed on your (Windows) computer, try THIS.

After downloading either file, double click it to run it, then an AutoHotkey icon should appear in your system tray.

The script sends a scroll up event every time you scroll down and vice versa, so it cancels out the scrolling in the game.

The script only works when the WGT Golf game is running.

KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS:
    The PAGEDOWN key (toggle): Enables and disables mousewheel scrolling in the game. The AHK icon in your system tray will show an 'S' when scrolling is disabled, otherwise it will show an 'H'.

Control + Shift + x : Exits out of the script.

The only bug (I'm aware of) in the script is, if you scroll over an inactive window (i.e., one you haven't clicked on) the scroll will work in reverse. To prevent this, click on the window before attempting to scroll.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2020 10:15 AM

borntobesting:
    It is not a WGT issue! Simply go to mouse settings in Windows and disable the scroll wheel.Or if you have a gaming mouse you should be able to disable the scroll wheel in the gaming mouse settings

It is, actually, a WGT issue.  WGT programmed their game to use mouse scrolls to change clubs and meter increments.  The fact that there are ways for the user to work around it (either by changing their Windows device settings or installing 3rd party tools and scripts) doesn't change that.

• Ferrit101
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 5:25 PM

What a crock of *** it definetly is a issue in wgt period. Provide assigning to keys and its fixed. It really childish saying Oh its a windows issue disable a windows feature to fix it. Someone needs to stop redirecting blame and get busy and fix it.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 7:03 AM

Ferrit101:
    What a crock of *** it definetly is a issue in wgt period. Provide assigning to keys and its fixed. It really childish saying Oh its a windows issue disable a windows feature to fix it. Someone needs to stop redirecting blame and get busy and fix it.

Nothing to fix bud, Some of us use the scroll wheel- If it dont work for you then disable it as a previous poster said.

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 8:56 AM

Is there a Windows setting to disable your mouse wheel?

• PAGES
RSS