Help › Forums

GOLF WITH FRIENDS

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 23 2020 10:46 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2020 7:47 AM

I am probably missing something here as I am a mobile player , but why can’t Wgt make the country club chat available to all players to use ? Why do we need an outside chat forum , when there is already the cc chat, all it needs is opening up to all users. 

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2020 11:21 AM

bossbird:
    Why do we need an outside chat forum , when there is already the cc chat, all it needs is opening up to all users. 

Because outside chat programs like Discord have many more robust features (including voice chat) and are much easier to use while playing a game than WGT's cc chat.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2020 7:27 AM

SamSpayed:

bossbird:
    Why do we need an outside chat forum , when there is already the cc chat, all it needs is opening up to all users. 

Because outside chat programs like Discord have many more robust features (including voice chat) and are much easier to use while playing a game than WGT's cc chat.

Discord is by far the best app out there for all games. I have had discord, teamspeak and telegram. All I get is excuses why they won't use it. I setup a facebook page and only 1/2 the club is interested enough to use it.

If WGT was smart, they would setup a discord on their old servers with all the space they have now from Early Access. Discord is free.

I don't see this happening, but we can dream.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2020 8:42 PM

DonCaron:
    If WGT was smart, they would setup a discord on their old servers with all the space they have now from Early Access. Discord is free.

Self-hosting is not available for Discord.  And even if it were, based on what I've seen, I seriously doubt WGT would have the expertise to maintain it or deal with all the support e-mails they'd get from players having problems with it.  

• PAGES
RSS