Help › Forums

GOLF WITH FRIENDS

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 23 2020 10:46 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bossbird
    1,280 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2020 7:47 AM

I am probably missing something here as I am a mobile player , but why can’t Wgt make the country club chat available to all players to use ? Why do we need an outside chat forum , when there is already the cc chat, all it needs is opening up to all users. 

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2020 10:23 AM

bossbird:

I am probably missing something here as I am a mobile player , but why can’t Wgt make the country club chat available to all players to use ? Why do we need an outside chat forum , when there is already the cc chat, all it needs is opening up to all users. 

Hi bossbird . Is the CC chat you refer to . A text chat ? Unlike the text chat in multiplayer mobile game mode ?

I think part of the benefit of the voice chats . Are the notification bell or ringer . Usually on and louder than any WGT notifications . WGT volume and sound settings are usually turned down all the way . On account of that annoying ear  piercing theme song in the game client . Lol .

The ringers  gets ones attention . That little green icon does not .

Edit I remember the CC chat in Mobile now . If I remember right . One had to scroll through the entire list of chats . To the bottom . Then post a reply . Then repeat .

But no . This thread is about the ability to actually notify a player of an invite and on the reverse , a player be able to accept invites . From any player . Whether be CC mate , friend , or not .

• SamSpayed
    3,322 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2020 11:21 AM

bossbird:
    Why do we need an outside chat forum , when there is already the cc chat, all it needs is opening up to all users. 

Because outside chat programs like Discord have many more robust features (including voice chat) and are much easier to use while playing a game than WGT's cc chat.

• DonCaron
    5,499 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2020 7:27 AM

SamSpayed:

bossbird:
    Why do we need an outside chat forum , when there is already the cc chat, all it needs is opening up to all users. 

Because outside chat programs like Discord have many more robust features (including voice chat) and are much easier to use while playing a game than WGT's cc chat.

Discord is by far the best app out there for all games. I have had discord, teamspeak and telegram. All I get is excuses why they won't use it. I setup a facebook page and only 1/2 the club is interested enough to use it.

If WGT was smart, they would setup a discord on their old servers with all the space they have now from Early Access. Discord is free.

I don't see this happening, but we can dream.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2020 8:45 AM

DonCaron:
    If WGT was smart, they would setup a discord on their old servers

Another GR8 suggestion from an experienced long time study of the particulars of this game .

Who knows why these well thought out , efficient , improvements fall on deaf ears ?

• SamSpayed
    3,322 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2020 8:42 PM

DonCaron:
    If WGT was smart, they would setup a discord on their old servers with all the space they have now from Early Access. Discord is free.

Self-hosting is not available for Discord.  And even if it were, based on what I've seen, I seriously doubt WGT would have the expertise to maintain it or deal with all the support e-mails they'd get from players having problems with it.  

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2020 10:46 PM

SamSpayed:
    I seriously doubt WGT would have the expertise to maintain it or deal with all the support e-mails they'd get from players having problems with it.

Good point . Throughout the Flash Beta era . 2007 til the present . They have never wanted a support role . Whether it be discord or some other voice program . I think they would avoid adding programs that would require support .

We can dream about how we wish the direction of WGT will go . But it is just a dream .

• PAGES
RSS