GOLF WITH FRIENDS

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 23 2020 10:46 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 8:04 AM

Sad, but true.

Country Club communication is a big issue also. I tried to get players to use discord, teamspeak to no avail.

No sense in country clubs anymore.

• JDGHOST
    6,764 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 8:28 AM

pdb1:

Keeping in mind that the already familiar but excruciating invite system . Will not be around much longer . If you think it is hard now . Try it in PCEA . Lol . Nope not even almost worth it .

With those dark days slowly but steadily closing in on us

Well said ....Just another reason PCEA is just no good ...And the Country Club (at least for me) Is by far the BEST aspect of WGT ....Without the easy access to the club the already high non participant numbers of club members will only grow exponentially ....I have beat this horse to death but I will say it again....Please keep flash AVAILABLE for the members that want to continue using it PAST 2020!! ...Many of us already have ways to continue on flash indefinitely....Like Dr Malcolm said...... "Flash players will find a way"

JD

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 2:24 PM

pdb1:

DonCaron:

Sad, but true.

Country Club communication is a big issue also. I tried to get players to use discord, teamspeak to no avail.

No sense in country clubs anymore.

I feel you Don . I battled that for years . My members were hard core dedicated to the CC . Playing in everything we could create .

But to get them in multiplayer matches was not an option . Much less Skype or any of the others .With the exception of a very few .

It was very frustrating for me . I had no right to complain . Because they were playing everything . CC tourneys , CLASHes , CC vs CC interplay .

Multiplayer isn't for everyone . But I sure love(d) it .

Players play the tournaments fine. You have to have communication.

You know what it takes from EA to get to the forums, and you know the drill trying to get them to read the forums.

Your friends list works on flash, so that's gone. I can send a message on the webpage, but they wont get it on EA.

Frustrating to say the least.

• Gepetto1958
    4,217 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 3:09 PM

Think about it, there were thousands of us playing TOGETHER on PC each in our homes .... Now we can be TOGETHER in the same room with our mobiles playing ALONE.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2020 4:17 AM

With the changes that have come to the game, having a method of communication outside of WGT is vital. All the more reason to have programs such as Discord or TeamSpeak or Steam in everyday use by WGT golfers.

• PAGES
RSS