Forums

Help › Forums

100% Driving Accuracy Award

Mon, Nov 23 2009 1:07 PM (2 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 9:40 PM

I don't know how realistic the "In the Drink" award is.  On a par 3, you required to rehit off the tee.  There is no drop zone.  Secondly, if you hit the water on a par 4 or 5 there is no closest relief no nearer the hole if your ball transverses a hazard.

So, why not look at removing that award and replacing it with %100 driving accuracy for 9 and 18 hole rounds.

Note, using a 3 wood off the tee still counts as a missed fairway.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 12:12 PM

Infinito3010:

I don't know how realistic the "In the Drink" award is.  On a par 3, you required to rehit off the tee.  There is no drop zone.  Secondly, if you hit the water on a par 4 or 5 there is no closest relief no nearer the hole if your ball transverses a hazard.

well, if your flies directly into the water or a hazard, yeah you rehit off the tee (or just in the tee box).. or the fairway from where you were. I have, however, on Kia. #17 had a ball first hit the green, then bounce into the water, and was left with a chip in for par... which i missed....

and if you've ever hit into the water on BPB #8 you'll know that you do get a drop... and you'll wish you were back at the tee box..... lol

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 1:07 PM

Just my point, not a very realistic award is it.

Secondly, I have yet had a ball cross a hazard on a par 4 or 5 to find the closest point of relief.  For me it has always been where I hit it originally. 

For example there is a creek running across the fairway on #2 on Kiawah. How many times have I seen individuals including myself occasion put the ball in the creek.  Where does that individual take his/her 4 shot.

RSS