Forums

Help › Forums

Yardage changes on clubs

Thu, Dec 1 2022 9:28 AM (28 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2021 7:41 PM

pdb1:

If and when I decide to use the putter pal . Just lately I have found it to be off by yards . Especially in my default Tournament greens . Just this week . I always calculate anyway and then maybe adjust on the putter pal in the past .

But it's gone wacky lately . Anyone else find this happening ?

I've always found the Putter Pal to be extremely accurate.  What sort of wackiness are you seeing?  Can you give examples?

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2021 8:13 PM

I have had situations in which the putting scale will change to a different increment when changing views. I can catch most of those. But I have been recently having difficulty with putts in the 10’ - 12’ range. I will double check to make certain I am on the correct scale, but when I execute the putt the ball will only travel about 2’. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2021 7:00 AM

SamSpayed:
    I've always found the Putter Pal to be extremely accurate.  What sort of wackiness are you seeing?  Can you give examples?

The putter pal grid is accurate. the green suggested power bar on it  is a waste of space.

Range is often too big to be useful.

And it's totally underpowered for downhill putts. The faster the greens the more it's off.

I do leave the power bar on though. But only as a failsafe to be sure i have the right meter up. 

• civman
    708 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 4:53 AM

Whats more disturbing is this; WGT has some how changed the tee shot distances and fairway distances for no spin (equator) shots. Example; my flat 3 iron goes 256 yds off the tee flat, but that same 3 iron off the fairway flat goes 233 yds, thats a 23 yd difference.  I normally try to hit flat shots into greens and now my distances are off by as much as 15 yds, on certain clubs, from the fairway.  This phenomenon has happened within the last 10 days or so.  I go out and "calibrate" my club distances for flat and full backspin shots, from the tee and the fairway, about once a month, so I know this is happening. Is this an attempt by WGT to generate more income, per round, by altering the distances so much? It was not like this a short while back.  Tee shots and fairway shots, flat or backspin, had the same distances. How are we supposed to be consistent in game play, when this is happening? 

Civman

Tour Champion

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 6:28 AM

pdb1:

SamSpayed:

Generally . Depending on the green speed .

Uphill is + 50 % on the bar

Downhill is - 50 % on the bar

For a few days . that wasn't the case at all .Especially the downhill was leaving me short by many feet or yards .

Yesterday it seemed to be working better . I'm not using it wrong . Something has changed in it .

I'm not using it at all any longer .

say what??

i have got to hear this method of putter math in detail.

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 8:07 AM

Mythanatos:

pdb1:

SamSpayed:

For a few days . that wasn't the case at all .Especially the downhill was leaving me short by many feet or yards .

Yesterday it seemed to be working better . I'm not using it wrong . Something has changed in it .

I'm not using it at all any longer .

say what??

i have got to hear this method of putter math in detail.

😂🤣 Do you really think there is an explanation? 🤣

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 12:14 PM

Mythanatos:
    The putter pal grid is accurate. the green suggested power bar on it  is a waste of space.

Agreed, it's useless.  That green bar is actually called PUTTING POWER TIP in the Settings.  It's not the same thing as PUTTER PAL.  But I wonder if that's what Paul was referring to when he said "it's gone wacky lately".

pdb1:

Hmmmm..... yeah, that's definitely.... umm... new.

Again, I wonder if by "on the bar" he's referring to the space within the green POWER PUTTING TIP bar rather than the entire putting meter bar.  That would kind of make a little more sense, even though I've never heard of anyone ever doing it that way.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 1:38 PM

SamSpayed:
    even though I've never heard of anyone ever doing it that way.

10% 3 putt % explains all.

RSS