Forums

Help › Forums

Yardage changes on clubs

Wed, Feb 23 2022 11:03 AM (27 replies)
  • pdb1
    23,486 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 3:08 PM

SamSpayed:
    Agreed.  That green bar is actually called PUTTING POWER TIP in the Settings.  It's not the same thing as PUTTER PAL.  But I wonder if that's what Paul was referring to when he said "it's gone wacky lately".

Yes of course . The PUTTING POWER TIP BAR is within the Putter Pal .To be clear(er) . I do not have a problem with the Putter Pal .

I am sure there are many ways to gauge where you want to release the meter .

Even though this is a bit crude .

Uphill is + 50 % on the bar ( middle of the suggested shot bar )

Downhill is - 50 % on the bar ( middle of the suggested shot bar )

Is where I start .Then adjust from there . Is one way .

And now where I don't go .I haven't got used to it in the short time I have tried it .

I would rather calculate . And just use the precise increments of the Putter Pal .

• pdb1
    23,486 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 3:13 PM

Mythanatos:
    10% 3 putt % explains all.

Explains all what ?

Every green speed has a different calculation . If there is something easier . I am all ears . I definitely could use more putting help . Although I have improved by about 75 % lately . It was about time . It only took me 9 years .

• pdb1
    23,486 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2021 2:58 PM

Back to the confusion of the additional perks with the apparel .

I use the apparel perks when I play coin rooms . Basically because it is there . I am mostly interested in increased yardage though .

Having paid attention to preferences . I turn off my apparel when I play all other multiplayer formats .

So being that when we/I play Alt Shot . We are all playing in PC mode .

9 out of the last 9 alt shot players ( that's 3 rounds ) . Have all confirmed an unusual and significant loss of distance on many different shots . Wedges and irons .

IE: 159 yds to hole 4' up . Approx 8/mph cross wind right to left .

Hit ball to go 161 yds .

Ball doesn't even make it to the green . Goes 134 yds . Lands in the rough .

I bring this up in 3 different rounds where I notice this happens to another player and myself .

All players confirm this has happened more frequently .

Like myself . These players are skilled and accurate . And more times than not we land a yard or 2 or 3 from the hole .

So to miss by that far is frustrating and unusual ( but more frequent ).

I am wondering if by switching the apparel bonus features on and off back and forth . This is somehow causing the yardages to not read properly .

• daklobo62
    2 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2022 5:38 AM

I have contacted them about my club yardage reducing. Usually during a tourney or the Showdowns and their response was that they will look into it, but never heard back from them...... Like my driver distance with my apparel upgrades is 297 and was in my 13-15 stage of my showdown this morning and it was knocked down to 285????

• Mythanatos
    2,139 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2022 8:12 PM

daklobo62:
    Like my driver distance with my apparel upgrades is 297 and was in my 13-15 stage of my showdown this morning and it was knocked down to 285????

Just a display bug. the boosts are still in effect.

happens to everyone sooner or later.

• tramilleo
    1,773 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2022 7:53 AM

My observations :  when you play others using apparel, certain combinations of clothes nullifies the effect of others, when i play someone wearing max clothes my swing edge inspired 312 drops to 309, 308 etc, so it is the combo of clothes that change yardages

• RobHon
    69 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 1:09 AM

Having seen this bug quite a few times I agree with Mythanatos. 

It’s purely a display bug. The normal attributes are still in effect and the ball flies it’s normal distance.

I believe the bug is more likely to occur if you check out an opponents’ apparel during a coin game. It sometimes shows THEIR distances and not yours which is annoying but can be ignored safely. It did happen to me in clash once too, which is single player play so there must be another cause not related to checking out an opponent, but that seems infrequent.

Hope that helps!

• HamdenPro
    1,792 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 11:03 AM

RobHon:

Having seen this bug quite a few times I agree with Mythanatos. 

It’s purely a display bug. The normal attributes are still in effect and the ball flies it’s normal distance.

I believe the bug is more likely to occur if you check out an opponents’ apparel during a coin game

Agreed 100%. Meter shows different distance, but club distance does not change.

Further, if you are playing a game and click on the left menu, to check out if friends or on, or to go to settings, when you close the menu, sometimes the chat function does not work.

It seems that these are just bugs that effect the meter display, or chat functions, when "multi-tasking" during play.

RSS