Help › Forums

Community Tournament Weighted Rankings

Mon, Dec 14 2009 12:57 PM (20 replies)
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 12:26 PM

Faterson:

Attempt at a re-write into Simple English:

"There'll be no ranking next week, because I'm reworking it completely. From now on, the rankings will include everyone who has ever joined a community tournament. Maybe I'll manage to prepare the ranking on time, and maybe I won't. All the rankings published so far were unofficial. The first real ranking will be the next one."

Perfect, thanks Faterson :D

The reason why the next ranking will be the first "real one" is the comparitive accuracy of the first system and the next one: the first one only has winners and finalists, which doesn't say very much about everyone who has played in the 64 community tournaments since last December (wow!), but the next one will have everyone, and that makes more sense and thus will be saved forevermore from that point.

In response to brandi35 ... tournaments are added to my database when they are fully completed. However, the rankings shown on the first post of this thread will not be updated using the outlined system because I am updating the system to include everyone who has played in a community tournament. The next update should be next Sunday, at which point you can see yourself on the rankings.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:19 PM

Unfortuntely, the first release of the CTWR must be pushed back one week.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 1:56 PM

Who's on First ???

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 2:31 PM

Eh? Are you referring to the great Abbott & Costello skit? If so then I don't get it (although the skit is very funny lol)

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 3:01 PM

gaoer, do all tournaments count towards this ranking?

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 3:15 PM

oppy:

gaoer, do all tournaments count towards this ranking?

No, the excluded "tournaments" are: the WGT Ryder Cup, the WGTLS Ryder Cup, the WGTLS Ladders, the WGT Belt, and the President's Cup 2011. It is up to the CTWR to decide which tournaments are recognized and which aren't. Your tournament, oppy, the NY Masters/Pros Championship, will be added to the ranking when it is 100% completed.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 5:14 PM

Incomplete as of December 13 ... maybe I'll make the first CTWR a Christmas surprise ... hehe ...

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 5:50 PM

Let's just say... It's gonna be released somewhere between December and April... Sounds familiar!  

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 4:45 AM

Gao bud: your hard work and dedication to this community is most commendable.

I've never signed up or participated in any "community tournament"...my being listed in your rankings is an error....I don't wish to occupy a ranking i've not earned....or maybe enlighten me as to why i am listed.

thx bud.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 4:51 AM

Gao said in the original post he also takes the Ladders site into account, and I believe he should. You are, of course, one of the elite players there.

RSS