Forums

Help › Forums

Thanx wgt for even more lag and jittery meter

Sat, Nov 21 2009 8:52 PM (9 replies)
  • cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 8:54 AM

Whats the deal with the advertisment feature "sky caddie" in between shots, even more reasons for the meter to stutter...thanx WGT !!!!!!! My game is now f....d., have a thought for the ppl across the pond yeah, when it comes to the jittery meter

2 games played since update,1 was a +6 the other i had to quit on the 6th  because off the interference of adverts...very good wgt thank you so much. now yav got my money ?

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 9:23 AM

How does this work then...looking in my friends up-date list this shows up.

My good friend Geordieles has set a personal record of a 11.25ft putt after 2 .1/2 months. Then sets another all time best record after that with a 2.55 ft putt,and then another with a massive 1.19 ft putt. Hmmmm bugs or what...

Just using this as an example les m8 thats all... about the bugs in this game since the up-date.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:36 PM

No bug there, Cobra. The chronological listing goes from the bottom to the top, so everything is OK in that list.

As to the SkyCaddie advert, while I don't like the idea it shows during every zoom view, I have seen no interference or increased lag from it, and I'm "across the pond", too. People are so allergic to the lags now that I think we may see an increase in lags even when there's none (related to the ad).

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:43 PM

Faterson:
    As to the SkyCaddie advert, while I don't like the idea it shows during every zoom view

How friggin small a price to pay is this for what Skycam is paying WGT, whatever it is?? You're bothered by a logo in the lower right corner that in no way affects the view??  WTF is your problem?

It is good thing for WGT and I hope I see more revenue producing logos scattered wherever they think they will be viewed best. More revenue, more chance of getting this game right. Get on board and whine about something constructive.

YJ

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:56 PM

Stop ranting, YankeeJim. Anyone is free to dislike ads. Wimbledon is the most prestigious tennis tournament in the world and (with a few exceptions) no ads are permitted on the courts because it's considered a matter of decorum. Next time read properly before ranting; I've been defending the placement of the SkyCaddie ad here.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 8:24 PM

Faterson:
    No bug there, Cobra. The chronological listing goes from the bottom to the top, so everything is OK in that list.

Everything is not ok with that list. I think it's safe to assume geordieles has in fact set a personal best putt of over 11 feet prior to the update.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 8:33 PM

SLASHX:
    it's safe to assume geordieles has in fact set a personal best putt of over 11 feet prior to the update.

Yes, but that's not what Cobra was talking about. The feed only started tracking down the players' various accomplishments on the day it was introduced, so in that sense, it's consistent.

(YankeeJim, stop those personal attacks, or you might get banned. They are not permitted here.)

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 8:40 PM

Faterson:
    Yes, but that's not what Cobra was talking about. The feed only started tracking down the players' various accomplishments on the day it was introduced, so in that sense, it's consistent.

I am pretty sure that is what Cobra was referring to. I am also pretty sure its a bug/glitch/whatever when his personal best is a lot longer than what it is saying. Surely it could have been programmed to determine his ACTUAL personal best and only post when he beats it. I would call that a bug because if it was intentional then it was a retarded decision to make.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 8:45 PM

SLASHX:
    I am pretty sure that is what Cobra was referring to.

No, it isn't. Re-read his post. He says first X, then Y, then Z, whereas the sequence is simply reversed.

Yes, it's not ideal the friends feed doesn't take our previous accomplishments into account, but perhaps this was difficult to arrange from the programmers' point of view.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 8:52 PM

Yeah ok... whatever you say. I forgot... you're always right lol.

RSS