Forums

Help › Forums

Rankings....

Mon, Jan 11 2010 12:54 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • KodiVet
    13 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2009 9:34 PM

Ok, here's the deal. I am really gettin tired of dudes that play 8 holes and tube the round because they're over par and want to protect they're bogus ranking. If you're not gonna finish don't tee up. My ranking is stone cold honest. I finish all my rounds and many times by myself. If we were on the course and you got in the cart and headed for the clubhouse you best go home because you would be in for a big butt whoopin. Play it straight up.

• onestonemanone
    45 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:02 AM

u r so right, so many cheaters on this site. maybe if they played through they might get the practise 2 get better and become master!!!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:07 AM

Average doesn't really mean anything here.

Having a low average doesn't win you any credits or tournaments.

In fact, most people who quit to save their average just end up shooting themselves in the foot since they'll progress up the tier system prematurely.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:31 AM
    true words spoken there, everyone gets caught up on avg., when in fact has absolutley nothing to do with game.
  • sweets12
    565 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 11:02 AM
    I have had the same problem, with people who quit, one day alone I had 3 different opponents quit on me. I was starting to get a complex. I think we should start a post with the Names of all these quiters that we can add to. Maybe they will be a little slower to pull the plug
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 11:07 AM

sweets12:
    I have had the same problem, with people who quit, one day alone I had 3 different opponents quit on me. I was starting to get a complex. I think we should start a post with the Names of all these quiters that we can add to. Maybe they will be a little slower to pull the plug

As Marioh says above you.. Quitting is not that big of a deal in regards to averages...  What goes around, blah blah.

However, you can't call out others on the forums... that IS a big deal.

Peace

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 11:28 AM

I try and stay away from the quiting debate as a rule but............

I haven't played random multi rounds in a while because I normally play with friends or set up games on the LADDER site.

This past week I had some time so I decided to give it a try again. It was pretty ugly. Only one match went the distance (started with 3 players and we finished with two....good round jccarjack).

This is a higher attrition rate than I remember from my start here (last June) so I would say the problem is getting worse.

Happy hitting

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 11:34 AM

Snaike:
    Quitting is not that big of a deal in regards to averages...

Quitting is very much a big deal regarding the averages because it allows anyone to manipulate their average easily. Many Masters only became Masters thanks to quitting their bad rounds; that's a fact. Many quitters also purchase equipment from WGT.com, which is no doubt one reason why WGT won't allow their names to be published on these pages; it's not a good way to treat your customers; that's another fact. The recommendation for sweets12 is to join the Ladders site where quitting is not tolerated, and you are allowed to name & shame the quitters in the forums. Finally, WGT.com is planning to introduce reputation tracking, which, if implemented correctly, will help us avoid quitters in random-pickup multi-player rounds here on WGT.com.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 12:22 PM

Many quitters also purchase equipment from WGT.com, which is no doubt one reason why WGT won't allow their names to be published on these pages;

That is a half truth, the quitting has been around since the beginning and you couldn't buy anything then! That  policy has been a part of the terms of use from day one!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 1:02 PM

Well, I did say one reason; there may be other reasons as well. The prime motivator, perhaps, is the desire not to alienate their user base. I can imagine that the price of advertisements for which WGT sells the space on these webpages, depends to a large degree on the number of daily visitors at WGT.com; and if a portion of these were publicly branded "quitters" in the discussion forums, they might stop using the site, reducing the number of daily visitors significantly, and thus also WGT's revenues.

So, it's OK for WGT to have a policy like this. Once reputation tracking is introduced and implemented correctly, all sides should be satisfied.

• PAGES
RSS