Thu, Jan 5 2023 10:56 PM (34 replies)
  • Kittykat2017
    513 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2023 10:17 AM
    This post has been deleted.
  • MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2023 3:54 AM

What changes need to be made to the formula to allow for strong winds when putting?

Also, what chages need to be made to the formula for off-ding putting?

NB  In the time it would take someone to write that formula (without errors) I'll have played 9 holes and probably scored -6 or better.  I just use a finger-in-the-air jobbie and hope for the best, and it works pretty well.  Ok, I lie, 12 years of WGT playing experience serves me well enough.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,505 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2023 3:24 PM

MioKontic:
    Ok, I lie, 12 years of WGT playing experience serves me well enough.

LOL Tip my hat to you, Mio. Only seven years playing here, I already feel burnout!

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2023 8:39 PM

First comment, on wind ... if it is less than 25 mph ignore it.  It has been years since I looked at this and was part of the experiment, but the conclusion was ignore under 25 mph.  

Second, I am not aware of off-ding putting formulas.  I think that is mostly feel.  But if someone has one, I am certainly interested in hearing about it and experimenting with it.

Tom.

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2023 10:56 PM

jacktrade51:

First comment, on wind ... if it is less than 25 mph ignore it.  It has been years since I looked at this and was part of the experiment, but the conclusion was ignore under 25 mph.  

Second, I am not aware of off-ding putting formulas.  I think that is mostly feel.  But if someone has one, I am certainly interested in hearing about it and experimenting with it.

Tom.

Off-Ding Putter 😉

RSS