285 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 7:35 AM

what the hell is VEM haha.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 8:30 AM

pdiehm:

LMAO. Now you're really going to go nuts when you find out what you're up against. Search the term, it's basically a way WGT makes things more difficult as you improve. It doesn't monkey with putting, though.  :-)

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 8:54 AM

YankeeJim:

pdiehm:

LMAO. Now you're really going to go nuts when you find out what you're up against. Search the term, it's basically a way WGT makes things more difficult as you improve. It doesn't monkey with putting, though.  :-)

my head hurts

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 9:50 AM

pdiehm:

http://www.patentbuddy.com/Patent/7806777

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 10:59 AM

GrindNGamble:

Looks like I'm going to be getting a lot of practice out of bunkers for the next few months. Just tiered up to legend and now struggling to reach a lot of Par 4's!

The long slog of learning how to shoot a good score when you can't even reach some par 4s.  Hell, #1 at Chambers will leave you basically a full wedge shot if you are into a high wind.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 2:30 PM

try a 3W...if you are able to approach it, unless you are perfect with distance, you're rolling 13-15 yards down the hill.

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 4:02 PM

pdiehm:

VEM stands for Very Easy Mapping, basically what you see is what you get. Numbers don’t lie ;-) 

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 4:14 AM

YankeeJim:

pdiehm:
    What did I discover?  Those numbers in a real round couldn't be more different, but yet I go back into a practice round, and those numbers are dead on.

That would be because in a real round, the game exerts an influence brought about by VEM. Understanding how that works is part of the fun.  :-)

Also if he is a mobile player and has to a apparel that adds distance or spin to his irons then his mapping will be flawed. Apparel bonuses work in practice but not in tournament play. So if you are a mobile player and your apparel has bonuses for irons don’t use them when you map your clubs. 

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 6:47 AM

All valid.  But I don’t use apparel except for a driver distance hat and glove.  The numbers I discovered after hitting 6-8 sleeves of balls should be close regardless of a practice round or a ranked round.

should be but we also know it’s wgt

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 1:06 PM
    Kiawah #1 in 0-2 mph wind
RSS