Thanks for the tip Scott

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 1:38 PM

You're welcome Sevvy, thank you.  ; )

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 6:23 AM

Biggest problem I see with PCEA/Steam is not many people currently using Flash even know what PCEA or Steam are.  In chat while you are playing most people are unaware of the move to Steam or seem to care.  Last I checked only 600 or so people are on Steam so it is hard to image WGT just letting go of 10 million Flash users and then only having a few people on Steam so not sure how all this will work out.

Looks like Flash players are going to wake up one day and not be able to play version they have for years so maybe then they will check into PCEA and or Steam then.

As it is now I enjoy the PCEA version of the game and have been using it alone since last October.  My flash version of game had went to crap with freezes and crashes and meter was just a joke.  The PCEA game is much more enjoyable experience and I will certainly stick with it as we move forward it is either PCEA or Mobile as Flash goes away.  

I tried playing on phone and that was a joke so PCEA is my best option.

But WGT or Steam needs to have it where Clubs can continue to exist and communicate with members.   Otherwise we will all just be whacking it around in coin rooms unaware of another world of fun to share and enjoy with each other.

Michael

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 9:05 AM

mrm6400:

Biggest problem I see with PCEA/Steam is not many people currently using Flash even know what PCEA or Steam are.  In chat while you are playing most people are unaware of the move to Steam or seem to care.  Last I checked only 600 or so people are on Steam so it is hard to image WGT just letting go of 10 million Flash users and then only having a few people on Steam so not sure how all this will work out.

Looks like Flash players are going to wake up one day and not be able to play version they have for years so maybe then they will check into PCEA and or Steam then.

As it is now I enjoy the PCEA version of the game and have been using it alone since last October.  My flash version of game had went to crap with freezes and crashes and meter was just a joke.  The PCEA game is much more enjoyable experience and I will certainly stick with it as we move forward it is either PCEA or Mobile as Flash goes away.  

I tried playing on phone and that was a joke so PCEA is my best option.

But WGT or Steam needs to have it where Clubs can continue to exist and communicate with members.   Otherwise we will all just be whacking it around in coin rooms unaware of another world of fun to share and enjoy with each other.

Michael

+1.

There's a rude awakening coming for many, I think.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 10:57 AM

People just dont want to let go of a game they feel comfortable with, and can play it well. 

I truly believe ( this is with no disrespect) that if the WC tournament would have allowed the new version a lot more people would be playing it.

Many players are waiting for that tournament to end, to make the transition. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 11:36 AM

Woodoworkery:

People just dont want to let go of a game they feel comfortable with, and can play it well. 

I truly believe ( this is with no disrespect) that if the WC tournament would have allowed the new version a lot more people would be playing it.

Also respectfully, although I agree that people want to keep playing the flash version they know and like, I don't feel that the WC disallowing play on PCEA has much of a bearing on the probable figures. There are around 400 players from just 16 CCs who are taking part, which is an excellent tribute to a great competition but likely to be statistically insignificant compared to the total number of active players on WGT who have yet to even look at the new version.

I should think that WGT will send an email to everyone about it when they feel the time is right because they won't want to scare a bunch of people off prematurely.

But really, who knows?

Nigel.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 6:51 PM

Wutpa:

Woodoworkery:

Also respectfully, although I agree that people want to keep playing the flash version they know and like, I don't feel that the WC disallowing play on PCEA has much of a bearing on the probable figures. There are around 400 players from just 16 CCs who are taking part, which is an excellent tribute to a great competition but likely to be statistically insignificant compared to the total number of active players on WGT who have yet to even look at the new version.

I should think that WGT will send an email to everyone about it when they feel the time is right because they won't want to scare a bunch of people off prematurely.

But really, who knows?

Nigel.

Sorry for the confusion, my point wasn't people playing the WC tournament , it was that if   the NV was allowed more people would be playing the NV . 

There are many just waiting for the WC to be over to start playing the NV, also there are many that are not playing the WC due to not wanting to switch back to flash.

• Kinbird49
    3 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 6:25 PM

I just played my first round on Steam today and I agree it is obviously a work in progress.  I did find that, during my game, the shot meter was smoother than on the Flash version and much easier to catch the "ding" or close to it.  Putting was a challenge but I did manage a couple birds toward the end of that first 9.  And I think the graphics are way better.

My biggest issue with the Steam version was that I couldn't get it to go to full screen.  Since I play on a laptop the little minimized screen was very difficult to work with.  If anyone here knows how to deal with that I'd sure appreciate the advice.

RSS