Forums

Help › Forums

WGT on Steam

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 10 2020 8:36 PM (20 replies)
  • Uneklymee
    42 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 6:08 AM

just found this yesterday and played a game. didn't like the platform. seemed like fluff- no wind, birds, and pre-shot camera views suck. what does everyone think about this steam platform?

• Slimjim001
    1,025 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 7:39 AM

I'm playing it exclusively and getting to like it better every day. It is a work in progress so I expect it will improve. I agree that right now, it certainly has its problems. My understanding is that it will eventually be the "only game in town" so like it or not. I'm determined to make it work.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 7:48 AM

Uneklymee:

just found this yesterday and played a game. didn't like the platform. seemed like fluff- no wind, birds, and pre-shot camera views suck. what does everyone think about this steam platform?

They will improve all that stuff. Once you get the putting down, your home free

• Bluto346
    74 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 9:11 AM

I my brief experience, WGT plays precisely the same through Steam as it does through 'EA'. The one caveat I'd mention is that Steam is a resource hog....no better way to put it, and the experience might not be a satisfying one if the system you're playing it on is a marginal one to begin with.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 11:11 AM

Bluto346:

I my brief experience, WGT plays precisely the same through Steam as it does through 'EA'. The one caveat I'd mention is that Steam is a resource hog....no better way to put it, and the experience might not be a satisfying one if the system you're playing it on is a marginal one to begin with.

One way around that is to shut off apps you don't use. I only have a few things that load at startup.

• Uneklymee
    42 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 6:58 PM

i found the putting was the only problem. haven't had a bogey in almost 2 years. but was in the sand and having bogeys for the 2 games i played on steam. the the shot bar is horrible to

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 7:19 PM

Bluto346:

agree 100%. I find the meter is a bit jerky, like the PCEA much better, and I have a high end gaming laptop. 

• Sevvy53
    70 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 11:18 AM

I too have only just discovered this platform migration, which is based on the mobile phone version and although its early days I suppose we are going to have to get used to it because of the impending Flash abandonment. Saying that, it looks pretty good and isn't too different from the Flash version. I found the meter difficult to master and rarely managed a successful ding. Putting is a bit weird and needs a lot of practice. Also, there is no ambient sounds and my course notebook doesn't seem to be supported yet.

Switching to my Excel spreadsheet information during play isn't very fluid either and I ended up printing it.

It's a work in progress, so we'll just have to see how things evolve I guess.

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 11:24 AM

To make use of your spreadsheet onscreen whilst playing Sevvy, try THIS.

• JDGHOST
    6,787 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 4:10 AM

Uneklymee:

i found the putting was the only problem. haven't had a bogey in almost 2 years. but was in the sand and having bogeys for the 2 games i played on steam. the the shot bar is horrible to

No bogeys in 2 years??????  I have to say that the very best players on this game are quite jealous....

RSS